Skip to content
Maintankadin

Popular Tankadin Specs

Baelor
Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:12 pm
What follows are my now outdated comments on the original "Baelor Special", a 20/41/0 prot-holy split, which incorporated Illumination and Holy Light into a build made primarily for tanking. Its function was to be a flex-spot in both 5 mans and raids, capable of either tanking or healing, whichever the situation/encounter called for. It still functions as was originally intended, however patch 2.3 and the advent of Combat Expertise's 10% stamina boost high in the prot tree makes a more prot-heavy hybrid spec more appealing. I strongly urge paladins who are looking to keep a hybrid tank/heal feel in their build to consider funneling more into prot at the expense of Illumination, for example 13/48/0 and 15/46/0.
Silandra
Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:09 am
0/38/23

Gives you:
Crusade which helps against 90% of the mobs you come across. 3% more damage is 3% more threat.
Imp BoM for added raid utilty <Tho you can drop it for SoC and 4/5 conviction or imp SotC, etc. etc. your pick> Do not knock the ability to give your warriors, shaman, druids, hunters, rogues, and ret pallies an extra ~2 DPS each.
Imp SA's +2% DMG + 3/5 1h spec = +5% damage, the exact same number as 5/5 1h spec.

You lose:
Reck
2/5 1h spec
Shield toss
Precision

It does do a LOT more SUSTAINED aggro than the 49/12 build, or any x/41+/x builds, but the front load aggro of Avenger's Shield is loss.

It's the build I use forever. Also, do not knock Imp SA: you can be placed into a FI group and not effect anything negatively. Well, they lose 1% damage total, but meh.
_________________
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
A Paladin's fury is a quiet, solemn thing, ever a hair before the bloodlust of a Warrior or the ferocity of a beast. But it holds his foes just the same.
Lore
Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:52 am
I would probably keep 5/5 1h spec and drop those two points from Spell Warding. Good build though, I'll add it.

EDIT: Oh bleh, you can't.
_________________
Station wagons are my favorite things.
Ryladia
Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:18 am
I usually see most people have the 0/49/12 build, but I also know that there are quite a few that use the 0/46/15 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=qZV0tIx0dggqzVfx build. I know Caoin uses it and Linadillar is currently using it as well.
_________________
Cames
Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:08 pm
In the 0/38/23 builds, why Imp Blessing of Might over say conviction?

I would think most of the time soloing, one would use Kings (or Sanctuary if AE grinding).

I would think that a 25 man raid would have BoMight as one of its lowest priorities (with Salv, Kings, and Wisdom as higher priorities).

Thanks.....
_________________
What is not dead can eternal lie;
In strange aeons, even death may die.
Cames
Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:02 am
The thing is that most of the classes you listed are hybrids for Imp BoM and because of that Might would likely be the 4th priority.

Warriors - Kings, Light and Salv (assuming you have Fury Wars), then Might
Druids - Kings, Light, Wis (assuming you have trees), Salv (Boomkins and Trees), then Might
Hunters - Wis > Might for boss fights as AotH > BoM. Especially if they have Imp AotH. But given they can FD, Might would be the 3rd priority
Rogues is the one case where Might is in the top 3.
Shamans - I have more Elemental and Resto shamans so Salv and Wis are more important than Might.

Of course, in my guild (and I am the person who sets raid blessings) I have 2 Ret Pallies to work with (normally 1 is healing). So, they have imp BoM and we actually have fewer folks with Kings (me and 1 holy pally). So, maybe its just my guild.
_________________
What is not dead can eternal lie;
In strange aeons, even death may die.