benebarba wrote:theckhd wrote:Parry data is giving me:
- Code: Select all
General model:
f(x,y) = 1/(1/C+0.885/(x/a+y))
Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
C = 237.2 (234, 240.4)
a = 243.8 (243.3, 244.3)
Goodness of fit:
SSE: 0.0546
R-square: 1
Adjusted R-square: 1
RMSE: 0.03649
That doesn't really narrow down C much better than our earlier data sets though. If we knew a exactly that would help - didn't GC give us that number?
Not sure when they'll be shutting down the beta (assuming tuesday), but I can try to get some more data, if you think it'll help. Not sure what kind of spread I can get, or if you have a particular area that's poorly fit I can try to construct sets with numbers in that range.
The more data at the extremes, the better. Here's the surface fit plot I have right now:

The places for improvement would be:
1) high parry rating, low str (i.e. 9%+ parry from rating, <2k str, maybe holy gear reforged/gemmed for parry) - basically to fill out the predrparry axis
2) high parry rating, increasing STR (i.e. take the above gear set and start swapping in prot/ret pieces) - fills out the last side of the square
3) push for maximum parry - get as much high-parry, high-str gear as possible to try and push your overall parry% as high as possible. This could include using the Deathwing stacking STR trinket and parry on-use trinkets. I may try and do a little of this today, if I can find a parry on-use trinket.
4) fill in more data points in the center - not as useful, but every little bit helps

