Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.2 AD

Candiru
Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

wear no defence gear, dual down to 1 HP then get hit by a mob?

If it absorbs the first hit, then AD saves your life even if it overkills past the heal, otherwise it doesn't?


You could also try with like 8defence rating so the heal is non-zero and test with a large hitting mob to be sure.
dmok
Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Gamingdevil wrote:You wouldn't be able to do that by yourself though, the trash that pulls with him would rape you before you get any data.

Then go pull Maly. There's no trash, and he will kick your ass solo well before the first vortex/spark.
Elsie
Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Gamingdevil wrote:You wouldn't be able to do that by yourself though, the trash that pulls with him would rape you before you get any data.

It doesn't matter. You don't need to pull any trash to engage him and die. He can crit quite hard (mobs auto-crit when you are sitting). Malygos would, perhaps, be even easier.
Honorshammer
Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

I'm copied over and would be happy to go play with Malygos, but I'm a bit lost as to what we are trying to determine.
Candiru
Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Need to determine:

If the AD guardian spirit-effect procs to an attack which will overkill you by more than the 30% auto-heal, does it still safe your life or do you just get one-shot anyway?

Testing:

Lowering your defence will lower the amount of the "heal" and so make it easier to get one-shot. Get yourself on low health by switching gear around (naked/not naked macro) and try to get one-shot. Do you take two hits to die, or just one?

Try with 0 defence at all, so there is no heal. See if the AD procs at all, or if you just get one-shot.
Nadir
Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

What exactly are we trying to test? That there's an amount of damage relative to our HP after which point AD's GS effect won't function? With 10104 HP, I took a 27,783 damage hit from Malygos. AD's GS effect triggered and healed me to 238 HP. I removed the one defense item I had on. At 400 defense and 7039 HP I took 7039 physical damage (12235 absorbed) (25622 overkill). AD's save effect did not trigger, so I died in one hit.

Blood Elf Paladin w/ only Boreal Guard equipped.

10104/10104 HP
411 Defense Skill
Malygos' melee swing hits Bluedeep for 10104 Physical. (30 Absorbed) (17649 Overkill).
Ardent Defender then healed me to 238 HP.

5412/10104 HP
411 Defense Skill
Malygos' melee swing hits Bluedeep for 5412 Physical. (30 Absorbed) (17385 Overkill).
Ardent Defender then healed me to 238 HP.

Blood Elf Paladin completely naked.

7039/8346 HP
400 Defense Skill
Malygos' melee swing hits Bluedeep for 7039 Physical. (12235 absorbed) (25622 Ooverkill).
Died in one hit. Ardent Defender didn't heal me. Yet absorbed?

6492/8346 HP
400 Defense Skill
Malygos' melee swing hits Bluedeep for 6492 Physical. (9818 Absorbed) (19984 Overkill).
Died in one hit. Ardent Defender didn't heal me.

Image
Gamingdevil
Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

So basically, it heals you starting at 0 hp, without counting the overkill.
KysenMurrin
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

So does this establish that no matter the size of the hit, AD will always provide the full heal on death?

Edit: Dumb question. Answer: Yes.

Also confirms (for me, at least; it's probably been established elsewhere long ago but I haven't looked for it) that the heal scales linearly with defense from 400-540 (the heal received matches 11/140 of 30% of the max health).
Jasari
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:05 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

KysenMurrin wrote:So does this establish that no matter the size of the hit, AD will always provide the full heal on death?


That's how I'd interpret it.
theckhd
Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

So that testing contradicts Lore's comment on the healing being reduced by overkill damage. I wonder whether he was getting his information from previous PTR behavior or patch notes that suggested it would work that way in the future.

<edit> This would also mean that we're back to the "infinite EH for a single hit" model.
Braundo
Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

theckhd wrote:<edit> This would also mean that we're back to the "infinite EH for a single hit" model.

Paladins: Taking Big Bangs on the chin without cooldowns since 2009.

(Once every two minutes.)
Jasari
Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

I fully intend to eat one of Sapphiron's Deep Breaths when this goes live... actually I probably won't because that would involve having to go back into Naxx. But someone should just to confirm that you get the full heal regardless of overkill amount.
Nadir
Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

I think Lore is correct. I'm not quite sure I understand how this is working. I'm not getting the same combat log entry as before once I try this in full gear.

4512/38769 HP
535 Defense Skill

Malygos's attack was absorbed by Bluedeep.(18095 Absorbed)
Bluedeep's Ardent Defender heals Bluedeep for 6703. (17.7% of max hp; Recount says it was a critical heal, but I don't see that in the raw combat log)

Wonder where the "takes X Physical. (X Absorbed) (X Overkill)" went. It's going straight to Absorb now.
Candiru
Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:19 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

OK, you are entirely below you AD threshold, so incoming damage reduced by 30%:

Incoming damage:18095 -> 12665.5

You have 4512 health, so take this off leaving

8154.5 overkill.

Your AD heal is 0.3*38769=11630.7

so if overkill is taken away from your heal, you should be on 3476.7 health

No idea where the 6703 comes from...
KysenMurrin
Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:35 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Critical heal, with Touched by the Light, would account for it.