Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.2 AD

Lore
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

The AD save heal amount is actually reduced by overkill damage. So if you're at 2000 health and get hit for 5000, you'll be healed for 3000 less than 30% of your health.
theckhd
Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Lore wrote:The AD save heal amount is actually reduced by overkill damage. So if you're at 2000 health and get hit for 5000, you'll be healed for 3000 less than 30% of your health.

Interesting. Has it always been that way, or was it changed recently?

I guess that's a neat way to sidestep the OP-ness of having infinite EH against a single attack.

So I guess that negates the second half of my previous post. The EH increase would cap out at 158%.
Ocin
Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

I'm still wondering if this is going to be helpful on [25} General Vezax MTing attempts, or if it isn't as good as our shield wall as a second CD. Anyone have a chance to test it?
jere
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

theckhd wrote:
Lore wrote:The AD save heal amount is actually reduced by overkill damage. So if you're at 2000 health and get hit for 5000, you'll be healed for 3000 less than 30% of your health.

Interesting. Has it always been that way, or was it changed recently?

I guess that's a neat way to sidestep the OP-ness of having infinite EH against a single attack.

So I guess that negates the second half of my previous post. The EH increase would cap out at 158%.


One other thing to note, unless they fixed it, the heal may also be able to crit (I myself haven't seen this personally, but quite a few people have mentioned seeing it in testing).
theckhd
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

jere wrote:One other thing to note, unless they fixed it, the heal may also be able to crit (I myself haven't seen this personally, but quite a few people have mentioned seeing it in testing).

/sigh

Ok, so fine then, it caps out at 190% EH
(0.65 + 0.35/0.7) + (0.35/0.7 + 0.25) = 1.9

At the rate I'm going, this thread will be great for my post count, but terrible for my signal-to-noise ratio. :P
Candiru
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Lore wrote:The AD save heal amount is actually reduced by overkill damage. So if you're at 2000 health and get hit for 5000, you'll be healed for 3000 less than 30% of your health.


What happens if I am at 40k health and I am hit for 2million damage by a mimiron rocket strike?
jere
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:57 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

theckhd wrote:
jere wrote:One other thing to note, unless they fixed it, the heal may also be able to crit (I myself haven't seen this personally, but quite a few people have mentioned seeing it in testing).

/sigh

Ok, so fine then, it caps out at 190% EH
(0.65 + 0.35/0.7) + (0.35/0.7 + 0.25) = 1.9

At the rate I'm going, this thread will be great for my post count, but terrible for my signal-to-noise ratio. :P


Sorry, Theckhd, I wasn't meaning to nitpick that at all. I apologize.
theckhd
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:09 am

Re: 3.2 AD

jere wrote:Sorry, Theckhd, I wasn't meaning to nitpick that at all. I apologize.

No need to apologize, I was just making fun of the fact that I seem to keep overlooking things.
Dantriges
Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:34 am

Re: 3.2 AD

Lore wrote:The AD save heal amount is actually reduced by overkill damage. So if you're at 2000 health and get hit for 5000, you'll be healed for 3000 less than 30% of your health.


So if the overkil damage takes us below -30% we are still dead?
Elsie
Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Lore wrote:The AD save heal amount is actually reduced by overkill damage. So if you're at 2000 health and get hit for 5000, you'll be healed for 3000 less than 30% of your health.

Err, should this be if you are at 2000 health, you'll take a hit for 5000 (post-AD) then healed to 30% then take 2100? Or is the overkill damage not "new damage" in this sense?
KysenMurrin
Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Rather than being taken as damage, it's subtracted from the size of the heal.
Salamandra
Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:22 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

So if you get greatly overkilled, you'll still be alive on 1hp or something?
Nyrin1
Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:53 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

someone on the PTR should do a mim run just to find out :P
Joanadark
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

Nyrin1 wrote:someone on the PTR should do a mim run just to find out :P


ulduar is disabled on the PTR. Prevents guilds from going on the PTR and getting infinite Algalon Practice, and then going in and one-shotting it thier first week on live.
Nyrin1
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: 3.2 AD

PEWP.