Skip to content
Maintankadin

Popular Tankadin Specs

mouf
Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:01 pm

thinking about this build

I've had a 0/44/17 build for a while now and it will probably stay this way. I might rearrange some points in prot so i can get ohws instead of AD. I very rarely get under 35% and i'm not sure it's worth it depending on what you do.

Here's the new build : http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0dMgotVbx0hb
_________________
70 prot pally - Bloodscalp
Xonia
Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:26 am
First off hey every one and I've been lurking here for awhile reading/learning about being a prot pally, and this site is by far the most usefull out there!

Now here is my current spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0dMMqtVbx0hb

and after reading here the spec i'm thinking of going to:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIx0zMgqtVbx0h

Armory Link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Xonia

I would like some thoughts on both specs in terms of MTing and sometimes solo tanking Kara with one shackle at best. We down Prince last weekend for the first time as a 100% guild run. threat is rarely an issue for me but i'm thinking the second build might help with the one-handed specialization talent and allowing some of the dpsers to hit a tad harder on bosses.

Again thanks for any input and awsome site Smile

PS its like 5am here so excuse the spelling/grammer
_________________
lvl 70 prot pally, Main Tank for BKAP
Palidor
Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:03 am
I'm current using a 0/51/10 build. I'm trying to build threat through reckoning and +hit and minimize the burst damage of parries via expertise with my current gear set. Any thoughts or suggestions? I currently tank Kara and heroics (usually SP, UB, Mech, Bot, Ramps, and Seth). The problem in heroics is usually my need to drink after 2 pulls. I can run the heroics above in about 45 minutes for the easier ones and 75 minutes for the more difficult runs. Am I on the right track with my gear, spec, and times, or am I looking at this wrong?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
paulc
Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:36 pm
Hope this isn't too off topic but come expansion and level 71 we'll be able to have Avengers shield and Sanctity Aura.

Looks like prot/ret might be the way to go.

Very Happy
Bryne
Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:08 pm
Depends on what the Protection 51-point talent is, doesn't it?
_________________
Gakl
Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Prot / Ret combo

Hey guys, so obviously by my post count, I new to the forums (despite having lurked for a while w/out an account).

My current spec is honestly closer to The Baelor special. I wanted to throw out a concept that I've been toying with as I edge toward lvl 70.

Here's my theoretical spec. I'm considering this spec because, while I love the abilities of a prot pally, they have one big weakness: Casters. The goal was to mitigate the damage casters can deal and even stand a fair chance of obliterating them w/ reflection damage. Ultimately, I don't know how useful eye for eye & PoJ will actually be. Imp SoC for the quick judgement to boost other melee class dmg. The bonus would be a boost to the threat-storm from imp ret aura.
I haven't found much use for Ardent Defender yet. This type of AOE storm tank migbht work okay since I'm very heavy on the +heal/dmg gear. On the other hand, I really haven't picked up much good +sta/def.
Also, I ahven't played the end-game at all so, call me a noob. I likely have no f'n clue what I'm typing about.

And perhaps, even considering main-tanking as a "casual" player is a dumb idea?

g
_________________
12/44/0