Skip to content
Maintankadin

Resistance Gear

Sielanas
Sun May 04, 2008 11:25 am
I ran through and got the +20 FR Libram from BRD, the question is what to put it on. Do I put it on my T4 pants or Wrynn Dynasty Greaves? I'm right at 11k health unbuffed, but I know that converts up to 17-18 raidbuffed. The only badge piece I have is the boots, wearing 4/4 Flamebane.
moduspwnens
Wed May 14, 2008 11:12 am
I wouldn't recommend using it for resistance gear, but heck, if you really need it, you can use Broiled Bloodfin.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Berlyna
Mon May 19, 2008 9:18 am
What do you think of http://www.wowhead.com/?item=12344 for Fire/frost/nature resistances? I know there probably arn't a lot of people running out to get their UBRS key anymore, but I pretty easily soloed one night when I had nothing better to do.
_________________
70 Human Paladin on Uldum
Imbur
Mon May 19, 2008 7:29 pm
For someone with access to all gear, BT hyjal, badge, could you post a shadow and a FR resistance set? i have max FR but my defense is low, and when i tank illidans flames i get wreaked. Was thinking of trying to work out a piece with enchants and gems to get more defense and HP. like, post an opimal flame tanking set, including whatever enchants and buffs necissary, aiming at max FR, HP, and 490 defense. I have tons of unused warrior tank gear from BT. BB belt, abyssal fury, etc.
_________________
MJavert
Wed May 21, 2008 7:44 am
OK, so I've read through the threads in the SSC forum, checked out the sandbox program and came up with this:

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/63837

Came to 362 Resist and uncrit (458 Def + 55 Resilience Rating) With the Broiled Bloodfin it puts my over the top at 370 Resist with a Chromatic Wonder Flask and the Hunter Aspect/Shaman Totem.

Now my question is...

The sandbox program adds on resist amounts for MoTW...but earlier in the thread it was discussed that MoTW does not stack with the Hunter Aspect/Shaman Totem, which one is it?

Also, is there a better way to set up the nature resist with a more efficient arrangement of items? The only shoulders I have are the T4, T5, the PoSR and D3 shoulders and the only ones I would consider re-enchanting are the D3's. Anyway, any help here would be greatly appreciated.
_________________
Seloei
Wed May 21, 2008 7:49 am
The fire res set I use not sure if the site still has it still there.

The real thing that hurts there is his beams or going out of range, or mixing up your kite path. Also P2 is the hardest part of the fight, once you have it down his dead in the next 1-2 attempts (if not the same one).

Resilience > Defense anyday for uncritable, and it also reduces DoT damage from the ground aoe's. The set i use could be upgrade with a few pieces as : BB belt, Akama bracers, t6 shoulders/legs or Supremus/Akama shoulder/legs and the new epic trinket instead of the infernal alembic and swaping the 3 gems in the helmet to 15 stamina. Also a new weapon.

haven't bothered updating it for a while, oh err... also if your not a belf you might consider droping a flame resist kit on the gloves instead of threat, if you are not past 365 (+5 racial)

As for shadow res gear, i just wear 3 piece (no pants) + quest neck + cloak and the same shield. only at 345 SR then but meh who cares if your just standing under her and auto swinging
_________________
Jellypop
Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:03 pm
fire resist cloak from major domo's chest is probably better suited for paladins.

and that it's epic!
Elza
Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:38 pm
Great guide!
_________________
steadypal
Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:03 am
is there any downside in stacking some resil gear over def gear for flames of azzinoth?


cause currently i think im going to use resil ring from za timed chest,,,, and resil dmg ring from lurker...

and also using the keepers of time exalted resil trinket with stam....


and i guess to, resil/stam gems or def gems to get above the crit cap??


just wondering if theres a downside for resil over def
moduspwnens
Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:27 am
I use the Flask of Chromatic Wonder.
_________________
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Bailey
Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:19 am
Don't think anyone covered this but

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23535

and

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=23532

are must-haves for any resist set I would have thought.

I'm a bit of a tanking noob, I raid as ret usually, but I like to dabble. I get most of the theory but this resilience thing has me a little baffled. How do you know how much resilience you need in a resist set based on how much def you have?
Seloei
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:35 pm
The helm might work for a fire resist set, but nature/frost have a head slot.
The gloves might work for a nature/frost set, fire has gloves

And for someone who asked if it was ok to use resilience. It is a very good idea. Since it reduces the aoe damage you take from the dot's on the ground and gives you a bigger reduction in crit damage.

Defense gives you a chance to avoid the attacks altogether, but they can't crush anyway.
_________________