Skip to content
Maintankadin

Popular Tankadin Specs

Dorvan
Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:31 am
350 mana is virtually nothing, and your mana available is far more dependent on SA regen than your mana pool size. 5% parry on the other hand is a significant reduction in the amount of damage you can expect to take..
_________________
aphroditez
Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:32 am
Was trying it out new to tanking (was healadin) and not to familiar with the logistics of it all but trying to read up on everything and see others opinions so that i can make a more informed decision on my talent spec
Razz
aphroditez
Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:34 am
Ahh I see...ok thanks ill change that up than and see how it works Very Happy
Worldie
Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:45 am
How exactly a Mitigation oriented spec can include Reckoning? It's quite contrasting
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Warsadin
Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:11 am
344 armor, but I have to agree with you as that would be easily surpassed by the dmg reduction past 35%.

Trying to lvl into the build I'm going for, though I will have to respec anyway to drop reckoning eventually.
_________________
[url=http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal'Ganis&n=Warsen][/url]
Galo
Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:46 pm
How about this spec?

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhxIx0zggqtV0x

Basically dropping Spellwarding, Kings and Improv. Judgement to incorporate Reckoning for some extra single-target threat boost.
_________________
Gabbath
Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:41 pm
my tanking spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZVGtI00dMgqtV0x

I don't have anticipation because I hit 490+ defense in gear alone. Not wasting the points there.

I don't have reckoning as I don't want the extra parries, I grabbed 1H weapon specialization instead (more reliable)

I consider Guardian's Favor as important because it reduces the cool down of your second taunt (BoP on the target)

Divine Intellect is important to me because there are fights that I do go OOM. That 10% might be an extra HS, RD, or other spell that is needed just before OOM
_________________
Junai
Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:39 pm
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0dMMqtVbx0hb

0/44/17

considering this over the standard 0/49/12 build.

it does have 3 movable point in the first, second or third tiered ret talents

i dumped them in poj for the reduced spell damage

i didnt feel the ohws on the prot tree is really that effective when i dont really do much white damgae to begin with (currently about 200 top end). it does add some nice additional damage from the ret aura (13 to be exact where as if its 5% damage on listed weapon damage that adds about 5 damage per swing). i think the threat generation from the improved ret aura exceeds the threat generation from white weapon damage.

or if i wanted to i could use those 2 point in any of the fourth tier ret talents or lower if i wanted.
_________________
70 prot pally shattered hand horde
Sweeney
Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:53 pm
One hand weapon specialization increases all damage you do when you've got sword+board equipped. Holy Shield, Consc, Judgements, everything. It's a common misconception.

1HWS should be read as "+5% damage while you're tanking." 1 point in 1HWS increases your threat much much more than maxing imp ret aura.

To the person above who argued for Divine Intellect: 400 mana is the returns off a 4k heal, once, for an entire fight. If you don't need the heal, you outgear the content and can just swap in gear with Int; if you do need the heal, the talent's wasted. Ask your healers how stressful it is to throw three Flash of Lights or a couple of Renews on you; it won't be an imposition. Smile
_________________
Sweeney: 70 Paladin, Runetotem