Skip to content
Maintankadin

Popular Tankadin Specs

Lamassu
Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:27 pm
/bump
Jadlene
Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:55 pm
Just thought I'd say thankyou to you Lore for the format and idea of this post. i did the same over at shadowpriest.com for the shadowpriest talents.

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?t=5375

Thanks!

Waterholic - Shadowpriest
Blok - Upcoming Tankadin
Jadlene
Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:06 pm
edit: post withdrawn. this is not a community I wish to be a part of.
Jadlene
Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:49 pm

Re: Popular Tankadin Specs

edit: post withdrawn. this is not a community I wish to be a part of.
Talryn
Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:02 am
Has anyone thought about the Gladiator build and how to make it work again in 2.3? Now that you need 5 more talent points, I'm finding it more difficult to make it work. I wanted a spec that could tank and have some healing. I currently have a spec somewhat like the Baelor Special.

I thought about doing something similar to this:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVLZVhdIxMzMgqtVo

At that point I'm not really sure if you put more into Holy for Healing Light or not. It's also hard to spend the leftover points since I can't fill things out how I would like. It's obvious that given what I want in Protection, Illumination is out of the picture.

I think the core of the build would be talents below and the rest could be moved around. Although it would be possible to just remove the 2 in Imp. Conc. Aura and put one more into Spiritual Focus. You would still have the uninterruptable healing but you lose the silence reduction though.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVLZVhdIxMzMgqt

I moved this to a separate thread, please reply there:
http://failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=3456
Slamdorff
Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:54 am

So what is the preferred spec today

So what did become your spec today?

I ended up at 0/49/12 with precision
Radience
Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:26 am
I simply moved 5 points from reckoning to combat expertise, from pre 2.3 0/49/12 'cookie cutter' spec. This seems to be good for all around purposes spec, I don't miss reckoning at all. Only thing I kinda miss would be PoJ but I don't think it's that important for boss fights where you don't need to constantly run long distances.
_________________
zixa
Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:12 pm
I like 15/46/0 due to my role in my guild. I dont MT 25 man bosses, I aoe tank, offtank, niche tank, and put on healing gear and have to be competitive healing at times too. Only thing i really miss is the parry, Poj, and I gain imp Loh(better than no oshit button at all), and have all the tanking tools i need.
Kellann
Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 am
Thought my "max threat" build was worth posting as it differed from the similar ones in a few notable aspects.

0/40/21
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVbtIx0zMgoxVfx0bcz

The idea is that (due to usually being the primary OT) I can't always count on preferred groups - thus it's pretty self sufficient.

My job when not playing AEtank is to pick the boss up should the MT die (and obviously survive it for the remainder) and outside of that I tend to be the only meleeing Paladin in a raid - yet usually toss JotC for both my threat and the extra damage, as the raids rarely need JoW or JoL.

Amusingly the only thing I find myself missing is Reckoning while soloing Razz
_________________
Kellann - Uther