Skip to content
Maintankadin

Frequently Argued Questions. AKA: Advanced tanking FAQ.

Dorvan
Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 pm
I'm fairly picky about maxxing out my character, but when it comes to 2 stam for 3000g, even I would rather have a red drake and an ice mammoth Razz

YMMV
_________________


WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
moduspwnens
Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:51 pm
I'm pretty sure that REAL tanks would pick up Blacksmithing to add the sockets, THEN drop it, pick up Enchanting, enchant rings, drop that, pick up Jewelcrafting, make some gems, drop that, pick up LW, enchant bracers, drop that, then pick up Mining. I guess that'd be the only one you actually need to have to enjoy the benefit. Alright then min/maxers. What should I get after I've done that to go with Mining?
_________________
Collecting mounts? Check this out.
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Ossuary
Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:54 pm
Well, assuming Blizz keeps its standard.
BC: 9, step 12, step 15
LK: 18, step 24, *Step 30?
This is just me guessing that the epic stam gem will be 30 stam, so an effective 12 stam increase =P
_________________
Knaughty
Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm
By the time I saw the last three pages Dorvan had already talked Mila around.

/tar Dorvan
/congrat
/cheer
PsiVen
Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:31 am
Somehow I missed this thread until now, appreciate the mentions Smile Here's some stuff I felt was missing:

Judgement vs. HotR: Needs more disclaimers. If you don't spec SotP, have 2pc but not Judgement glyph, use the after-ShoR judgement to replace, or somehow don't have a 5-stack of Vengeance on the target, HotR wins and you should replace Judgement instead. Personally my WWS reflects that HotR is 2700 threat higher per cast without the libram involved, so I take my chances and assume that I'm replacing a weak judgement its fair share of the time.

BiS choices: I disagree with your bracer and glove selections. Bracers of the Unholy Knight are the only 213 wrists with a socket, they have more avoidance, and with the rest of the gear in your setup the block rating is overcap anyway. Same with the gloves, T7-25 has more stamina and avoidance due to a gemslot and beats out wasted SBR. SBV is nice, but those two pieces drop a disproportionate amount of avoidance for it; I would use them for my PvP gearset. Include more trinkets, because Defender's Code is definitely situational (EoG should be used in any fight with significant magic damage, which is every hard fight past Patchwerk) and the JC trinket is decidedly BiS if you can equip it.

Glyph of the Wise: Yeah, I know. Put it on the list anyway, because some of us think it's invaluable as a progression tank.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 80 Tankadin
Bloodsail Admiral Psivenia, 70 Warrior
70 Belfadin, 62 Druid, 60 Priest, 60 Warlock

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Majiben
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:26 am
SotP not JotP.
_________________