Skip to content
Maintankadin

Popular Tankadin Specs

Khisvir
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 am
/selfheadslap

Let's try this again...this time with the right freakin' build...

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sVxhZVbtIx0zMxqp

It's the Baelor Special to a T so far. I wish I'd found it before I even started my pally, because it's been good for leveling since I switched from a Ret Spec. I've been soloing/duoing quests since I hit OL, and I like the boosted heals I get with this spec. I'll be taking the final Combat Expertise point next level, and the Imp HS after that the next two levs.

Then comes the final 2 pts...

According to the spec, it should go on Imp LOH.

I realize LOH is my final "Oh S***" button, but once I use it I'm OOM, and not much help to anyone else after I use it.

So I need either:
1) someone to convince me that Imp LOH is the proper choice, or
2) a place to put those final 2 points that will be effective and useful. I'm thinking Benediction, or possibly Reckoning.

Any and all opinions welcomed.
_________________
Space for rent - reasonable rates
jere
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:20 am
I won't try to convince you to take Imp. LoH. If you go that far into holy just for the 13% extra heals and some mana, then I don't see any reason why not to get Imp. LoH at that point. The build you are looking at isn't meant to boost TPS or survivability, but utility. Imp. LoH provides that. It would seem odd to go for a utility based build and then skip an "oh crap" button, but I won't stop ya.

If you don't want it, then reckoning >>> benediction for that build.
_________________
[img]http://tinyurl.com/jere-sig[/img]
Khisvir
Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:33 am
Actually, I think you're right.

Because of the reduced cooldown, on a 2+ hour raid, it becomes usable 3x rather than 2, or more depending on how long it goes.

Plus, if things are going bad enough that it comes to using LOH...the extra armor it provides is probably a Very Good Thing...
_________________
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Jeyla
Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:45 am
Just thought i'd share my spec here that i use. I'm MT and GM/RL for our guild the Vigilantes on Caelestraz. I tend to tweak it a little bit every now and then, always wishing i had 2 more talent points :p

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVotIx0dMgqtVox0h

I have no trouble with threat on this even with 1 in precision........though i'd have 2 or 3 if i could and I love having 3 in PoJ. Sometimes i really wonder if Spell warding is worth it though. Couldn't they make it 6-8% :p

I also prefer 9 second judgements, i think 8 is wasted.
_________________
Dendrah
Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:19 am
Judgements don't trigger the GCD so it leaves you with more gab for lag and stuff to get your seals up again. If you use every GCD that is.
hectorlca
Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:45 am

Main Tankadin Spec

Hi. I've been playing around recently with some specs and I have especially liked this one which I think should be added here.
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=4000000000000000000005305133500021020215510520500010000000000000#none

It's the same basic 0/46/12 spec, but I moved some talents around:
I put nothing into One-handed wep specialization. The reason being that we get our threat from spell dmg and not from sword dmg. IMO this is a 5 point waste. Our weapon damage is negligible, because we wont be using The sun Eater or other swords that lack spell dmg. I've been using this spec with Continuum Blade and Stormcaller (Exalted Thrallmar) and my threat hasn't suffered one bit.

I split the remaining points between Pursuit of Justice. The 3% chance to avoid spells is great as we all know what a bitch it is to tank casters with a tankadin. I have also found HoJ pretty useful.

In Heroics and some Kara pugs you have a weird group composition where some people are good and some people suck. If my healer is bad and I see my health getting a bit low I stun the secondary target to stop the damage from that source. And, if I have a hardcore mage thats missing omen and finds it easy to pull aggro, I just stun the mob thats after him or anyone else.
I'll probably drop this once I start doing TK/SCC and higher.
But so far it works wonders for tanks that are running heroics nonstop to get badges for gear.
Tradyk
Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:00 pm
What worldie said, 1-h spec is our biggest threat talent, because it applies to all damage to all targets. It's 5% across the board to every sort of damage you do. That includes Retribution Aura and Consecration.

One Handed Spec for paladins is:
AbsolutGrndZer0
Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:00 pm
Ok, I really like that Baelor Special spec, but I tried doing it on a WotLK calculator... and um... not sure it works? Any chance the person that created it could see about a "Baelor Special 3.0" build? Smile
_________________
mark88
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:04 am
hi!

just a quick question ... why is that when i open one our your talent trees i look like 10/3/0 and not full with all 61 talent points ?

thank you!
Zironic
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:04 am
I think that 3.0 broke armory.

On another note this sticky probably needs updating now that 3.0 is here.