Skip to content
Maintankadin

An Officers Guide to the Paladin Tank

Jeada
Just had to add... Thank God I saw this, gonna be linking it to my Gm!

Too often the still think I am suppose to tank like a Warrior.

>.>
_________________

Oriax
Thanks alot for the work you've done with this Smile I've now posted this on our forum with thanks to you and a link here.
_________________
Karathos
Any potential for updating this with the 2.4 changes?
Igrado
I looked over the 2.4 patch notes and did not notice anything that might have needed to be reflected in the guide; however, if there are changes that affect it, by all means point them out and we will update the guide accordingly.
Aleph
Illidan does not crush. Morogrim Tidewalker would be another example of a fast attacking boss where holy shield charges will reliably prevent almost all crushing blows.
rolo
Under weaknesses, we should probably mention that anything wandering in to Cons will be tanked but probably not CC'ed any more.
_________________
Orcrist, lvl 70 Prot Paladin, Zul'Jin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Zul'jin&n=Orcrist
Igrado
I don't know how much I'll be playing WOTLK. Besides that, this guide was written over a year ago when Paladins were just setting our feet in the mainstream as tanks. It's purpose was to give Guild Leadership an overview of how the Paladin Tank works.

With that in mind, I would like to release this thread to the community, or more reasonable to the Moderators, however they wish to implement it. If someone were to write a similar guide for WOTLK, please at the very least replace my first post with a link the the new guide.

Thanks,
Igrado


Last Updated : 2007-12-21
Status: This Guide will be considered obsolete upon release release of Wrath of the Lich King (2008-11-13).