Skip to content
Maintankadin

Popular Tankadin Specs

hinata
Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:58 pm
Here is the spec I use and I have found it very useful.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhdIx0dMgqtVbe

It incorporates all the important talents from protection as well pulling Benediction, Improved Judgements, Deflection, and Vindication.

Vindication can be a powerful ability as a tank because it reduces all the mobs attributes making it hit for less and have less health and mana, less chance to dodge, block, or parry, lower crit strike chance(which doesnt really matter since you should be uncritable), and lower attack power.
_________________
Hinata - 70 Tankadin - Arygos
Griever
Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:33 pm
I am currently a level 61 human protection paladin, this is the build i'm working up to - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhdIx0zgMqtVbx0hb

and my current build being -
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhdIx0zgMqtV0h

could you cast your opinions and ideas on this please? i'm working to become either a main tank, or off tank in instances, i should hit 70 in about 10 days, and i'm gonna work my ass off to get the tier 6 gear, with some help from my bro Razz note that i also boost some of my guildies through low level instances, i wanna work my way up to solo SM cathedral with fair ease

could you also link some items which would work well with it (necklaces, rings, trinkets, weapons, and shield, gems, enchants etc) i am pretty new to the game, and i just would love some people's opinions, and guidance on how to go around it Smile oh and by the way, i'm gonna get engineering up at some point, to make myself some nice goggles, a nifty helicopter and some kamikaze sheep
Yadard
Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:03 am
1-H Weapon spec is 5% more damage from everything while you use a 1-H weapon. It's a far superior threat generator than reckoning. I'd drop Kings & Imp. Judgements for 3/5 reckoning and 5/5 1-H Spec, other people do it slightly differently, but that's personal taste really.
_________________


Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Nadiastorm
Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:29 am
0/46/15

I've always used this build and always found it to be the one i stick to.
In a raid i depend on other paladins to have Kings and Imp Dev Aura
_________________
GM - Tuatha De Danann - Khadgar
Griever
Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:00 am
well, it's just for levelling, i'm not really gonna be raiding, well at least not for a while - i'm gonna make a 5v5 arena team with some guild mates, providing healing and consecrate (can't be arsed changing spec) to get my merciless gear, then i'll start raiding, and at least try to get my tier 4 gear, hopefully before wotlk is out, then i'll get to 80, get a decent arena set, then start raiding again, as long as paladins are still viable tanks, that is Razz
Eruliaf
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:19 am
0/44/17

This is the spec I am currently running ZA with. You sacrifice precision (not really needed IMO) and 2 points in argent defender but you get some reckoning and most importantly, 3% raid crit and imp ret aura. With my current gear and trinkets popping + wings, I can get up to 1800 tps for 10 to 15 sec to start off the fight.
_________________
Eruliaf - 70 Prot/Holy/Ret Pally - <T Ø X I C> Kalecgos
mæthorn
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:51 am
btw what is the best talents for M'uru Void adds tanking?0/40/21 - Max TPS spec can be good but if we use santity aura,retribition aura is a big loss i think
Aaer
Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:14 am
Hi, being new to this forum/tanking and everything that includes it, I thought it'd probably be better asking here than making a new thread.

As a Bloof Elf, I read (on here) that it's more about 'being hit' than hitting. So for BE Prot Paladins would you ignore all the 'increase chance to hit' etc.? Damage/threat is caused more by BoS, etc. and spells rather than your 1H smacking them.

Also the "Threat Rocket", it's difficult to reach uncrushable. Is it substantially? Would it probably be better to use the Maintankadin spec then when the gear is easier to obtain (i.e. easier to obtain uncrushable) re-spec to the Threat Rocket?

Thanks for any replies. Smile
_________________
Thaliodin
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:46 pm
I recently switched to a variation of the Maintankadin at 0/50/11. I had to drop a point out of Toughness and Anticipation, which my gear could handle. One more point came out of Improved Judgment (now 1/2) and the last two from Pursuit of Justice (replacing with a Boar Speed enchant to keep the speed). For all those points, I got 5/5 reckoning. Although I know there are some dangers with Parry bursts, my expertise (21) is enough to remove 10.5% of the chance to parry or dodge, so SoR becomes a major contributor to my TPS, accounting for around 30% of my overall DPS/threat.

On our MH run that night, it was pretty nice to be able to burn down mobs fast and my DPS could unload much faster. Reckoning was almost continually active on the trash waves. I Tab-target regularly, so the Reckoning was spread around the mobs in addition to the Consecration and Holy Shield damage, so AOE did not have to hold back.

We completed a Bear run in ZA afterwards and both my destro warlock and arcane mage were amazed that they didn't really have to hold back on the DPS at all. This spec really shined the whole way on both trash mobs and the bosses (I MT all of them except Jan'alai, where I'm on dragonhawks).

I'm in T5/badge gear with a few pieces from MH. One thing I may do is tweak the spec down to 4/5 Reckoning and put one point back into Toughness or Anticipation.

0/50/11 spec
Khisvir
Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:03 pm
This is my current spec as of lev 65

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIL0zMgqZVbI0rcz

It's the Baelor Special to a T so far. I wish I'd found it before I even started my pally, because it's been good for leveling since I switched from a Ret Spec. I've been soloing/duoing quests since I hit OL, and I like the boosted heals I get with this spec. I'll be taking the final Combat Expertise point next level, and the Imp HS after that the next two levs.

Then comes the final 2 pts...

According to the spec, it should go on Imp LOH.

I realize LOH is my final "Oh S***" button, but once I use it I'm OOM, and not much help to anyone else after I use it.

So I need either:
1) someone to convince me that Imp LOH is the proper choice, or
2) a place to put those final 2 points that will be effective and useful. I'm thinking Benediction, or possibly Reckoning.

Any and all opinions welcomed.
_________________