Skip to content
Maintankadin

Popular Tankadin Specs

Overkill
Fri May 09, 2008 9:00 am
I was playing around and found a 0/40/21 spec that was pretty intriguing to me...
Overkill's Area of Destruction spec:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIL0zMgqZVbI0rcz

adds 8% extra damage when fighting most of the targets you'll see, plus your crusader aura with 10% extra damage. I think this might be a very, very sexy AOE tanking spec for places like Mt. Hyjal. I don't find myself tanking anything besides ghouls/crypt fiends, and the occasional abom, so it might be worth it to check the spec out. I haven't tried it yet, but we'll see...

Possible variations:
move any of the Ardent Defender points to Combat Expertise
move any of the Vindication points to Improved Seal of the Crusader
instead of sanc. aura, put the point in avenger's shield and switch eye for an eye to ret aura

What do you guys think? =)
_________________
Thegreatiam, Hyjal
Mitton
Mon May 12, 2008 4:54 am
i'm going to leave this one to invisusira
_________________
Nothing says pallatank like ADD!


Songblade
Mon May 12, 2008 5:09 am
Opportunityjack =)


There have been many, many (many many many many many many... *continues on*) threads about the whole sanctity aura spec, and personally, I don't have a particular problem with it, but then, at the same time, I don't see much use in it.

First off, you're missing out on 2% parry... bad.

Second... 2/3 Pursuit of Justice? Why? If you want a run speed increase like that, just put a Boar's Speed on your boots. Seriously, invest all three points in it, or none at all...

Eye for an Eye, simple, spells cannot crit in PvE.

Vindication: Ok, most boss mobs in PvE are immune to Vindication, so you're not really adding anything to the raid there, and in an AoE tanking situation, you're adding a debuff to one of those mobs, not very useful... This might be useful while tanking ONLY one mob, if mobs in WoW were based on stats more, but instead, where you would think that would cause him to lose 15% health, it wouldn't it may equal out to 2% or 3%.



Now, I could see where you're coming from for the changes, you really need all the stam you can get, so it is a good idea to move the points from Ardent Defender to Combat Expertise.

Vindication > Imp. Seal of the Crusader. Ok.

Eye for an Eye > Ret aura? You're switching one useless talent for another. This talent gives you a whopping 13 damage on your ret aura, which increases the TPS you have on a single mob by about 11, assuming they have a 2 second swing timer, and assuming you don't dodge/parry/get missed on any of those attacks.

And last, if you're going to go into the Prot tree and get Avenger's Shield, then you're going to be better off taking even more points out and maxing out Ardent Defender, and Deflection.
_________________

Worldie
Fri May 23, 2008 4:58 pm
Mm i just noticed that the good old 40/21 is missing

So i'd add

0/40/21 - Max TPS spec
This build is focused on threat generation, and skips some survivabilty talents like Ardent Defender and Shield Specialization. It's not recommended to use this build in progressions unless you have huge threat issues.
Advantages:
- Extremely high TPS outcome
- Precision reducing also taunt resist chance
- Reckoning which helms in farming
Disadvantages:
- Lack of Spell warding and Ardent Defender
- No Avenger Shield
- No Blessing of Kings
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
Chronalis
Thu May 29, 2008 8:05 pm
Here's my new proposed spec:
10/41/10
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=0505000000000000000005305132500001025210510500500000000000000000

This spec focuses around maximising your TPS while maintaining the defensive stats you need. It's based around minimising shield spec. to 2/3, getting rid of ardent defender (more on that later), getting rid of imp. Judgement but taking up Imp. SoR (as well as Divine Intel. to get you there). You lose one talent that most other paladin tanks think is crucial though; Ardent Defender. In all reality though, this isn't as effective as most people think. It can be leapfrogged if you get hit for 35.1%+ of your HP in one hit. Although 6% less damage is nice, it's really only useful at low hp where another heal MAY make the difference, but in exchange for dropping it, you're gaining more intel as well as 15% increase to SoR and JoR. Pretty nice you gotta admit. The Divine Intel. does allow you to be more effective when switching to healing gear too.
This spec works best for PvE TPS at most levels.

My current is the standard tankadin build:
0/49/12
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=0000000000000000000005305133520001025215510520500000000000000000

However, i'm more keen on upping my TPS but without having to sacrifice my frisbee or any of the usual talents i rely on. I got rid of Ard. Def. mainly because i don't require it as much as i did in T4/T5. Now, in all of T6 it's not as useful, except maybe on the Abom. or "Ghost Caster" (can't remember the name atm) Hyjal waves. Aside from that, i think it should increase my TPS, but i'm really just keen to try out a new spec.

EDIT: Made a new Spec, the Gödstalker Threatgen Special:
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhthg0zMgotVfx00f

Thats the one i'm using now. It's under Gödstalker name as that's what i've just renamed my character to hehe.
_________________
samsara
Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:19 am
Hey ho Smile

At the moment i feel quite confortable with my 0/51/10 Spec, but whenever is look at tankadins on my server they are running around with an 0/49/12 Spec.

I have no problem with that but allways i try to discuss or asks one of the 49/12 Dudes they don't realy know why they speced 49/12 , they just tooked the specc from the official forum or another tankadin they saw on the armory. I didn't look up my Spec that way, i just tried to find an good spec i can play with.

Is the "Improved Judgement" realy that much bether than Reckoning or is it just some kind of favor skill which doesn't realy mathers that much?

Excuse my bad english, haven't spoken/written that language quite a while XD
_________________
lvl 70 / Samsara / Der Mithrilorden
rabbel
Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:53 pm
Oh, hello Samsara, I'm from "Der Mithrilorden" too Wink

Well, I ran around with a 0/49/12 for a long, long, long time, because it fitted my rotation well, and because I had a very slow weapon (Lower City exalted Gavel). After the combat expertise-buff I haven't seen much reason to get Reckoning again, but I reskilled to 0/50/11 when I got the mace from heroic MgT's Kael'thas. With this weapon I can usually get the full benefit from Reckoning, and I don't screw up my rotation with only one point in Improved Judgement, because the second point did't do that much for me.

As you see, even on the Mithrilorden there are some tankadins who think about what they are doing Wink

/edit: Oh, and if you have problems with the language, feel free to write me a PM, oder whisper to me ingame.
_________________
samsara
Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:02 am
hehe Smile

thx for the info,

I just think that when raiding the 49/12 spec is quite cool as MT when you have to gain aggro on a singletarget very fast.

On the otherhand i think as Offtank, like Trashtank in Hyjal for example, the reconing is bether. I just tab through the Mobs , Spam Consecration, and try to use the Judgment of Righteousness on those targets is see that a DD is close to my aggro or on targets i lost aggro when Rightenous Devense (dunno the englisch word for it exactly XD) is on Cooldown.

For some DD's, i know they feel like Chuck Norris, I try to stay some time on their Target to make shure they don't get aggro, sometimes it's quite hard as they are used to the other Palytank (who's equip is a bit betther and his aggrogaining is also bit bether) and start instantbombing-party's.

Hehe, btw... i think i have seen you on the server a few times, my Rouge Ahau where my Mainchar, quite some time ago Smile
_________________
lvl 70 / Samsara / Der Mithrilorden