Skip to content
Maintankadin

TankadinTps - a threat analyzer

Zappi
Wed May 28, 2008 3:32 pm

TankadinTps - a threat analyzer

Hi,

I wrote a small addon to analyze your generated threat. It's like parsing WWS logs, but I was always too lazy to do this :)

DESCRIPTION
The addon calculates the threat values of all combatlog events, that are related to you. It shows your current sustained tps on your target and saves the data for later analysis.

You can see the amount of threat per skill, the average threat per skill etc.

DOWNLOAD
http://wow.curseforge.com/projects/tankadintps/


FEATURES
- calculates the sustained tps on a target
- records all your threat generating abilities
- records your incoming damage
- share your data with other TankadinTps users
- usable by all tank classes
Lore
Wed May 28, 2008 4:19 pm
Sounds interesting, got any screenshots?

Also how exactly does it compute the threat? Does it use the Threat-2.0 library or determine threat on its own?
Guillex
Wed May 28, 2008 4:40 pm
My bad! Analyzer ftw?!
Zappi
Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm
It determines the threat on his own.

Threat-2.0 includes misdirection, encounter specific threat wipes/reduces etc - this addon determines how much threat you generated, not the threat you probably have at a certain moment.

It's not a threat meter, it's a threat analyzer :)

I'll add a screenshot this evening.

//edit I don't know Tankadin Stapler, but it uses ThreatLib. I guess it'll give you wrong tps on Lootreaver :)
_Chloe
Wed May 28, 2008 9:25 pm
Looks similar to recount in a way really, but I have to give you props on this. Due to IRL things I really haven't had time to code something like this and other plug-ins for Tankadin. Looks like a great start :D . Need any help send a PM my way.

Also once this gets further developed, I'll have to add in Tankadin Stapler to pick which Lib to use, this or ThreatLib2.0
Extremity
Wed May 28, 2008 9:37 pm
Is there any way you can make a feature that shows the threat you are generating as if it is damage, like over the mobs head? there was a post about this on here titled "i want to see some big numbers too" and if it's possible to do that with this mod that would be amazing
Zappi
Thu May 29, 2008 3:56 pm
It's definitely possible, but not the purpose of this addon.
Caelus
Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 pm
Interesting. I will probably grab this for some trials.
Hoops
Thu May 29, 2008 4:26 pm
Looks interesting
Korendil
Thu May 29, 2008 5:34 pm
Bug/Annoyance: The minimap button doesn't remember where I moved it, so everytime I log on, I need to move it out from underneath other buttons.
Zappi
Fri May 30, 2008 11:40 am
new version online

0.2:

- new: recognizes buffs infight
- new: debug mode
- bugfix: saves it's minimap position
- bugfix: table keys changed (problems with mobs after a wipe)
- bugfix: healmodificator
Zappi
Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:49 pm
hm .. no feedback from you, guys :(


0.4:
new: pauses the fight after 5 seconds, if you don't do any threat to a target
new: pause fights manually
bugfix: records +2% threat enchant
Afraithe
Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:54 pm
I am trying it out, but haven't had the chance to really check it yet.

Does it take into account threat from Blessing of Sanctuary and Retribution Aura?
shifttusk
Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:02 am
Zappi wrote:hm .. no feedback from you, guys :(


0.4:
new: pauses the fight after 5 seconds, if you don't do any threat to a target
new: pause fights manually
bugfix: records +2% threat enchant



I've been liking this alot although I think the SCT Threat idea sounds awesome! Theres probably an easy way to do it using SCT's code and a 1.92(gloves enchant) multiplier for holy dmg. I think the only hard part would be showing MD's and SA on the fly as well as the threat from buff gain.

Anyway back to your mod. Do you think there is any chance at maybe having the 5 sec delay checker as an option? The issue I had was I lagged out on a fight (yes for 5 seconds + qq) and i'm guessing the mod works on time client side because it paused the data collection. I don't think its a common complaint just food for thaught.

Either way awesome work!
antiy4ho0
Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:55 am
I have not gotten a chance to try this yet. I do plan on giving it a try. My only complaint is giving myself an accurate report of my threat does not do me much good. I mean its nice to say I can produce this large number of TPS, but without knowing my DPS's TPS or my other tanks TPS I can't say where I need to improve or where others need to improve. I will still give it a shot though this looks pretty fun. At the very least I can see what skills give me the most threat.