Skip to content
Maintankadin

Palatank vs. Tankadin

Tandors
Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:44 pm

Palatank vs. Tankadin

Very simple question. What is the difference?
_________________
Invisusira
Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm
Palatank sounds dumb. Tankadin sounds less dumb.

Edit: LOL just noticed which forum this is in, so you are probably refering to mods. I have no idea.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Tandors
Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:50 pm
Lol. I was thinking of mentioning that I was speaking of addons. Guees I should of.
_________________
SmurfZG
Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:03 pm
what is palatank? link?
_________________
JoeBravo
Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:11 pm
palatank is mentioned in the tankadin topic: it's a modified tankadin. it has some changed/added functions (aura's, pallypower button etc.)
_________________

_Chloe
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:15 pm
<rant>
Here goes this damn drama again. Lemme copy paste some junk:
Quote from wowui.incgamers.com
edit: Just noticed that he did mention the tankadin code is from you. Did you allow him to create another version of your work?

Not really....

Basically what has happened is that when I released my 0.1 beta back about 2 months ago, Fauks from maintankadin got the code and messed with it and added some frames to it and put it up on curse. I thought they were for his use and not for releasing it as a *new* addon. At this point in time, it doesn't really bother me that much at all because the original just keeps getting better and better. I still think it's funny that when he could just write a plug-in for this, he's off changing his code to keep up.

Yes Palatank is mainly done in French.

Basically, Fauks can shove it... and I know you're reading this.
</rant>
_________________
Dorvan - Indeed, the only thing better than realizing you're able to tank anything in the game is reaching the point where you no longer need prove it.
Levantine
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:25 pm
<3 We still love you Cloe. I know when I get around to being a paladin again I'll be using Tankadin.
_________________
Gerilith
Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:37 am
As "avoidance" included block the last time I saw Palatank, I just thought "crap" and decided to use Tankadin for sure.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Pizbit
Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:26 am
Tankadin > lolpalatank
_________________
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Psykewne
Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:17 am
palatank has an odd avoidance conversion (taking all uncrushability stats aside from miss instead of all but block like tankadin does). Generally it feels like someone hashed together a few extra bits of info and put them on tankadin (which tankadin now has anyway)... kinda poor excuse for an alternative imo... I had both for a long time hoping to see something interesting come to palatank but it's nothing that tankadin can't do.
_________________
Tandors
Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 am
Thanks. I use tankadin because its the original and it still works lol. I was just curious if it was a ninjaed addon or whether it was truly different. You all answered that. Thanks
_________________
Tuberon
Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:01 pm
Tankadin, for 4 reasons.

1: It works.
2: I trust it's author, who's a big part of the community we are posting at.
3: I am a tankadin, not a palatank.
4: It works.

I can't be sure of these from... well, lets say the name alone doesn't inspire confidence, Wink
_________________