Skip to content
Maintankadin

ZOMGBuffs

Hiroko
Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 am

ZOMGBuffs

Search didn't pick up any mention of this yet:

New blessing addon recently released as a possible improvement/alternative to PallyPower that I've just been pointed at by a guildie:

WoWAce ZMGBuffs Official Thread

Available on curse.com as zipfile or on the wowace updater.

I haven't had chance to try it yet, was wondering if anyone else had played with it?
_________________
Elthar
Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:16 am
Yeah I've just spotted this and posted it on my guild forums - seems to have the potential to do pretty much everything pally power doesn't.

Even talks to pally power so you can keep it running if you wanted.

Gonna test it in raid tonight and get some of the other pallies (2H + 1R +me in the raid tonight) to see how it copes with numerous blessings and talents (ie one holy has imp wis, the ret has imp might, I have sanc).

Will report back tomorrow.
_________________
Ajax
Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:26 pm
installed it had a small play with it but now got the hard job of getting other pallys in guild to do the same.

Having said that omg it looks very nice and powerful can't wait to show my class leader how after the template is set setup just how fast buffs inculding 10 min ones can be done. Top mod will be keeping this one.
_________________
Xodra
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:55 am
Testet it today in Heroics.
Very Nice, you can put different blessings on the same class with just two clicks.
Deletet Pallypower, ZOMGBuff is king!
_________________
Catriona
Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:55 pm
WTB screenshot please, I glanced through the thread and didn't see any.
_________________
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Nexela
Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:31 pm
I installed this earlier today and gave it a quick try in ZA. Pally Power is an awesome mod but clashes completely with my UI.

I was able to set up buffs and it correctly broadcasted to PP users. the only problem I see is that its a one way broadcast. If the RL/Assistant made a change in pally power it won't show up in Zomg (based on the little bit of testing I did). Our guild had a hard enough time getting all the paladins to use PP and given that this is a little more complex it would be a real hard sell.
Elthar
Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:28 am
We had 3/4 pallies install this for a BT raid day before yesterday. All of us found it conflicting with other stuff in our setup. A couple of times it completely wiped the blessings and we had to manually reset them.

It's a shame because it looked like a nice option, but tbh for the time being I'll stick with smart buff and pally power.
_________________
Noradin
Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:52 am
Tested it.
Some nice ideas/options but it lacks some features of pallypower and smartbuff.

ZomgBuff is better for organizing buffs - but you can do that out of combat.
PallyPower has the better interface for buffing blessings (rebuffing in combat).
Smartbuff is as good as ZomgBuff for other Buffs and better for seals etc. (resealing in combat)

Its nice to have some features out of combat but those working in combat are actually a help.
_________________
Inferno255
Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:47 am
Tried it, sure has some nice features. The fact that it won't refresh during combat or let me bless during combat kind of made it useless for me though. I need to be able to rebless when the blessings are still up, which it won't let me do automaticly.

I just use the mod to initially bless the raid by swinging real hard at my mouse scroll out of combat, it does bless pretty fast/easy that way. All in all this mod is really not as good as I expected it to be. PP can already track 10 min blessings fine.
_________________
Neganur
Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:49 pm
Some of you may be too used to how pally power works.
Zomg does the same, you just have to learn how to use it.

Important note: don't use pally power & Zomg installed alongside on the same computer.

We're a pally heavy guild (1 prot, 1 ret, 4-5 holy) and what I did was, let them continue to use pallypower, while I myself (the officer/raidleader) deleted it and use zomg instead.

Set up a template to use for your raid, make sure you have checked all guild members spec in the blessings manager. Hit 'generate' and relax.
I unbound the mousewheel autobless though, I rather click the button like in pp.

When you mouseover the button during combat, it'll show you the durations left and which pallys blessings ain't done (the first 2 letters of each pally). Left-click any name will target that player, right click casts greater blessing, alt-right click 10min versions.

For any special 10min blessing it sets up for you, it will generate a small buff window like in pallypower, to show during combat - just like the pp frame.

I made the feral druid make two macros he will press to get salv when he's done tanking, and cancelaura it when he shifts to bear.

Anyone in the raid can send you a tell, requesting a bless change:

The feral sends me:

!zomg -bol +bos

Which will send a command to the paladin who blesses him light to salv him instead via pallypower. No more moaning on teamspeak, yayness.


As for the poster saying 3 paladins had it installed during BT, it will ofc conflict. You might have different templates set up. Any paladin using zomg is able to manage and set blessings for all paladins in the raid, no matter if promoted to raid assistant or not. So make sure none of your mates look funny at the template. (there's an option to send the template to other players)

My wild guess is 3 ppl were playing with the addon to find out how it works - don't do that 5minutes before the raid starts.

Any non paladin with the addon needs to be promoted to be able to generate and send the blessings to the paladins using pallypower, ie. the raid leader (non pally) can do this too Smile

For those of you who use svn, the latest version can always be found at http://svn.wowace.com/wowace/trunk/ZOMGBuffs/

it's the version the author works with and is updated very frequently. (like up to 5 times an hour)
_________________
Balsimar
Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:05 am
Options are great, but I wish people would at least consider that other people that aren't inside their head are going to be using it. Dewdrop menus are easy, but they come with sacrifices.

Not all of the settings are intuitive, so it takes a good amount of experimenting to figure things out... after 5 days, the wife is STILL trying to figure out what certain things do, or how to configure it to avoid unwanted behavior. It is impossible to figure these things out when NOT in a group, so you're either wasting your time and your friends time screwing around with the mod, or you're not paying attention during a raid. There have been times when she's also had to go back to manually buffing because it was "acting weird".

A solid configuration window would go a long way for this mod. Maybe then they'd be able to explain what exactly the settings are for, instead of making you play they "set, guess and experiment" game.

My wife is learning to love it for her priest, but the UI gives me a headache, so I'm sticking with PallyPower.
Balsimar
Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:05 pm
I gave ZOMGBuffs a fair shake over the weekend, whilst not in a raid. I have to admit, I grew to like it.

It still does not play well with PallyPower, though... if you're used to having a single person setup your buff assignments in a raid, give ZMGB some more time to grow.
Imbur
Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:28 pm
I use ZOMG now, over PP. I forced the other paladins to use it as well. they are still shakey with it, and i have to set up their buffs for them, and if I have to leave raid they are a bit lost, but I love it. I make use of all its features, and remembering single target buffs, even auto assigning them due to spec, is ridiculously OP! USE IT!
_________________