Skip to content
Maintankadin

Divine Sarcifice macro

Shathus
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Divine Sarcifice macro

With the 3.3 changes to DS/DG there was a lot of talk about writing a cancel macro to remove the DS effect but keep the 6 seconds raid wall. This should be something simple, but I am just retarded and didn't see anything on the forums

I had made one :
Code: Select all
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice


but the cancel part doesnt seem to work. I'm guessing because DS is on the GCD? Is the solution just to make the macro do the /cancelaura and click that after popping DS?

TIA
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

theckhd wrote:FYI, I just checked and Divine Guardian does indead remain if you right click off Divine Sacrifice.

However, my macro wasn't successfully removing DSac itself with /cancelaura. I'll let you know if I find a workaround.

The best I was able to come up with so far is:
Code: Select all
#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.5 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")

Which cancels Divine Sac .5 seconds after you cast it. I wasn't able to get it working for /in 0.2, I'll mess around with it a little more to see whether I can get it to work for any intermediate value, or whether it's limited to integers.
Meyrinn
Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

I just use:

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice

and just tap the button a few times.
_Chloe
Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

Meyrinn wrote:I just use:

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice

and just tap the button a few times.



btw wherever theckd wrote that, you cant use /in when using spells or anything else, only messages in which a group you are a part of, ie raid raid warning guild etc
steadypal
Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:13 am

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

what are these changes exactly? and do we need to use the cancel aura macro or can we simply just pop dsac?
Grehn|Skipjack
Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:48 am

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

When you cast DSac, you and the raid get a separate buff called Divine Guardian that reduces damage taken by 20%. If you cancel DSac via a cancelaura macro, The Divine Guardian buff persists.
steadypal
Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:08 am

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:When you cast DSac, you and the raid get a separate buff called Divine Guardian that reduces damage taken by 20%. If you cancel DSac via a cancelaura macro, The Divine Guardian buff persists.



which macro do you use? i tried thecks and it didnt work...


and is this working as intended or will it be changed?


and do you have to use divine shield with it? what is this macro used?


oh just checked spell book, hit dsac and im getting a "you cant do that yet" message and its not going off, any ideas?
Grehn|Skipjack
Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:12 am

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

You must be in a Party to use DSac. I just use a cancelaura macro. You don't need to bubble anymore, since you just turn off the damage redirect and keep the damage reduction. Yeah, as far as I know, it's intended.
steadypal
Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:14 am

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:You must be in a Party to use DSac. I just use a cancelaura macro. You don't need to bubble anymore, since you just turn off the damage redirect and keep the damage reduction. Yeah, as far as I know, it's intended.



its intended to pop it and cancel it so we take no dmg but take 20% less dmg for 6 seconds?


doesnt sound right to me,,

which macro do you use

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice


?
Grehn|Skipjack
Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:31 am

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

It's intended for the 20% damage reduction to persist after Divine Sacrifice fades. The damage reduction is more powerful if you don't turn DSac off, but you run the risk of killing yourself if you use it while taking damage.

Yes, that is the macro I use. It works just like the Divine Shield fear-break macro. You spam it and it'll turn it on and then off right after.
Jerey-Darkspear
Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

I've been manually right clicking just because I haven't gotten around to creating a macro, but I don't think I've ever seen the "Divine Guardian" buff on myself, just "Divine Sacrifice". I'll pay closer attention next time to confirm.
Chicken
Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

You do definitely get both buffs. I've also found DivSac is pretty usable even without cancelling the damage redirection effect of it, even in extreme cases like the entire rest of the group you're in having Mark of the Fallen Champion while you're tanking.
steadypal
Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:30 pm

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

/cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
/cast Divine Sacrifice



we sure that works? cause i click it the 2nd time, and the buff icon goes away, are we sure we are still getting 20% dr for the remaining seconds that we dont see counting down?



or do you need to have points into imp divine guardian and not just 1 into dsac?
Invisusira
Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.5 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")

That is my macro. You just hit it once, and it works FANTASTICALLY. I recommend everyone pick it up - in case you're confused, Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian are two separate buffs that both activate (provided you have all the talent points) when you hit DSac.

The Divine Sacrifice buff is party-wide and re-directs damage to you.

The Divine Guardian buff is raid-wide and does NOT redirect ANY damage to you, it simply reduces raid damage taken by 20%!
steadypal
Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:05 am

Re: Divine Sarcifice macro

Invisusira wrote:#show
/cast Divine Sacrifice
/in 0.5 /script CancelUnitBuff("player","Divine Sacrifice")

That is my macro. You just hit it once, and it works FANTASTICALLY. I recommend everyone pick it up - in case you're confused, Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian are two separate buffs that both activate (provided you have all the talent points) when you hit DSac.

The Divine Sacrifice buff is party-wide and re-directs damage to you.

The Divine Guardian buff is raid-wide and does NOT redirect ANY damage to you, it simply reduces raid damage taken by 20%!



so if i want that nice 20% DR, i need to spec 2/2 imp divine guardian correct? and if i dont have that specced, i shouldnt bother using it?