Skip to content
Maintankadin

Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

Bundy
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

Ok I was going to Iraq so I bought a labtop to play WoW on when I got there. But I couldnt find all the game CDs to install it. So I had to resort to DLing it from the site, except it wouldnt work for shit. So finaly I resorted to DLing it from different sites I found which took forever and a day. In the end, its installed, but not like it should be.

I know how to install mods usualy, just toss em in the add-on folder basicaly, simple. But there is no add-on folder or any other of the folders that I would usualy see in the WoW program folder. I wish I could decribe it better, but its just a bunch of wierd shit and I have no idea how the game even works to be honest. Has anyone come accross this problem or could give me some advice?
_Chloe
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

Post a SS Please.
Bundy
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Re: Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

I dont know what a "SS' is.....
Rehlachs
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Re: Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

screenshot
Bundy
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Re: Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

At work right now, so maybe in about 5-6 hours.
vertinog
Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Re: Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

Bundy wrote:but its just a bunch of wierd shit


Happen to know if you downloaded the right locale version?

Also why did the direct DL from blizzard not work? If it is a peer-to-peer issue you can disable that and download directly from blizzard.
Bundy
Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:59 am

Re: Trouble installing addons/WoW not installed properly

Happen to know if you downloaded the right locale version?

Also why did the direct DL from blizzard not work? If it is a peer-to-peer issue you can disable that and download directly from blizzard.


I honestly dont remember exactly where I DL'd it from, it was a recomended site from BLizz though. Basicaly im in Iraq and there internet sucks a phat one, so I can almost never DL anything from there DL manager thing, I have to DL all the patches through other sites. I tried changeing the peer to peer on and off. It downloads about 1 MB and then says the tracker is not responding.

Its fine though, ill just tough it out until I go home in 3-4 weeks, I made it this long without any addons so I can last a little longer.