Skip to content
Maintankadin

Trinket Macro

Eanin
Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Trinket Macro

Just about every trinket with an on-use ability is a 20 second uptime on a two-minute cooldown. That meant that, if they were bound to Holy Shield, they'd always be up at the same time.

Anyway, I found a solution, so that you can stagger them. It goes like this:

#showtooltip Holy Shield
/castsequence reset=120 Defender's Code, Holy Shield, Holy Shield, Holy Shield, Valor Medal of the Third War
/cast Holy Shield

Of course, change the trinkets to taste.
Invisusira
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:56 am

Re: Trinket Macro

I'm confused as to what the point of this macro would be.
Koatanga
Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 am

Re: Trinket Macro

Unless I am mistaken, the Reset works from the time you last used the macro, not from the beginning of the cast sequence. You may wish to consider a shorter reset time.

I prefer to use my tanking trinkets situationally, so I have a simple macro to blow both trinkets as an "oh crap" button.

/use 13
/use 14

I mention that mainly because you may wish to replace your trinket names with the slot locations. With the long reset and specific trinket names, if you equip a different trinket for a fight your macro may hang on the missing trinket. Holy Shield should still work as you have it casting on its own line, but your neither of your trinkets will be used until you stop hitting that macro for 2 minutes.
Invisusira
Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:26 am

Re: Trinket Macro

Koatanga wrote: blow both trinkets as an "oh crap" button.

/use 13
/use 14

^ This.