I'm Solieu, current maintainer of the Protection Paladin model for Rawr.
If anyone was following it, Ermad had stopped working on Rawr.Tankadin a few months ago and since then Neganur and I have picked up development on it.
In the upcoming Rawr release such a large amount of changes were made to the model for Protection Paladins that we have renamed the model to Rawr.ProtPaladin.
Rawr.ProtPaladin now complies with the rest of the Rawr Tanking models in using Effective Health for its survival rating instead of the odd formula it had used before. It also uses Rawr.ProtWarr's ability to choose TankPoints instead of Rawr's Survival+Mitigation+Threat model.
I am asking for those incredibly savvy with both math and theorycrafting to assist in adding accurate support for certain features that the current version is lacking, such as Ardent Defender modeling and Reckoning.
I am also asking for those who use Rawr.Tankadin extensively to let us know what features and options you'd like to have included that you feel would greatly benefit the model.
Any feedback or bug reports would be greatly appreciated, either here in this thread (I'm lurking on maintankadin pretty damned often) or at the rawr website (http://rawr.codeplex.com)
This Rawr.ProtPaladin model is *not* currently in the beta 2.2.0b5, but it will be in the following beta.
I can look into putting my current internal beta on a file hosting service for the sake of testing Rawr.ProtPaladin. Stay tuned for that.
solieu
Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:25 pm
