Skip to content
Maintankadin

Grid -- Aggro plugin

stormknight
Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:15 am

Grid -- Aggro plugin

I'm currently using GRID for raid frames and watch raid players (especially cloth healers) for taunt on them.

Sometimes, grid showing "Red aggro dot" instantly when someone got aggro from something but sometimes its just not showing any red dot and victim getting loads of hit and if I don't watch my screen or gridd hp bar, victim is going to die.

I disabled all other plugins in grid but aggro. But still same, its not about range I think aswell because an example in heroics, healer is just standing next to me but getting aggro from ranged casters whose are not in my aoe range or spells and grid showing nothing only hp bar going down then Im taunting off from him/her.

is there any way to make this grid ability, completely real time or its not possible? Its ok for 10-man, heroics etc etc but for sarth 3d, it makes my life easier and I'm ready to sacrifice some memory and CPU power just for see real time aggro in my raid frames. It doesnt have to be grid aswell if there is any other alternative, Im willing to try.

Thanks
_________________


Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Epimer
Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:37 am
I haven't played around much with Grid at all, but I have Pitbull setup to turn a party/raid frame red if someone has aggro, and it works pretty flawlessly.
Morpheren
Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:47 am
I believe this to be a WoW API issue. The only time a mobs target is updated is if you are targeting it (constant update), or you mouseover the target. It won't query every mob because in ape situations that would be ALOT of tracking.

So basically I don't this Grid will be able to tell unless your client knows, I have experienced this issue (with PitBull) on some fights with crazy aoe adds (maexxna sp?)
_________________
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Fury Untold of Sen'jin, Guild Master
http://armorylite.com/us/sen%27jin/koriel
stormknight
Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:57 am
Hmm, pretty lame.. Smile If its not possible because of Wow game api but well if it s not possible then I have to be more careful and watch everyone like a madman Smile it could help alot and Im gonna give shot with pitbull just sake of it.

And are there anyone using x-perl raid frames and that frames have this aggro showing ability aswell?
_________________


Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Mneme
Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:03 am
As long as *someone* in your raid is targeting the mob, the aggro frame will update. On fights like Sarth, I usually have healers call out when they need a taunt, and have DPS simply target whatever is on them, and then I just taunt from Grid with Clique.
_________________
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.
Candiru
Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:24 am
I have the same problem, agro only shows on grid if someone is targeting them.

But the problem IS NOT with the wow API, as if you use the wow default raid frames the little red agro dot (which is really hard to see in a 25man raid) lights up when people have agro, even though grid has not lit up.

It could just be that the grid Agro warning is solely based on ToT, while the blizzard UI is based on their new threat API, which grid isn't using?
Spectrum
Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:43 am
I've noticed it delaying sometimes, and I thought it was just a limitation in the API such that it only registered when they got hit. It hasn't been a big loss for me as I'm usually watching all the mobs fairly closely.

On the hand, what would be nice for grid would be a mod to color a frame element based on the player's threat relative to the mob I'm tanking. That way I wouldn't have to keep Omen open as well (not that I need it that much these days).
_________________


No really, I'm not addicted.
daemonym
Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:42 am
with grid it also counts as whenever they're being targeted, not necessarily have threat. meaning if <boss> casts a spell on a random party member, they'll target them, dot lights up, casts, returns to the tank. i've wasted many taunts because of this in the past. notably the trash in gruuls with their random charge only to have somebody actually pull threat and die because my taunt was on cd.
_________________
Candiru
Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 am
Anyone found a good raidframes for showing who has agro without anyone having to target the mob?
Candiru
Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 am
Does it show agro on raid members from mobs no-one is targeting?
Candiru
Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:44 am
well the blizzard default UI does it.....
Dark Severance
Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:52 am
I've never really noticed any issues with Grid but then again I always have the main mobs targeted.

It was always my belief that is the whole point of using raid frames though in conjunction with something like Clique. I'll always be on the mob, watching the mob and their target of target window as well. I never have to worry about clicking on another player. Either through notification through Grid or target of target I know who has aggro.
_________________