Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mashing Buttons/macros anyone? =)

Arill
Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:15 am

Mashing Buttons/macros anyone? =)

Hello guys, and Merry Christmas! (I know it's a little early)

Well just wanted to see who all mashes buttons or macros. I always click on everything but I do mash buttons on my lock while pvping. I know mashing buttons during pvp works awesome, but does anyone feel mashing buttons for pve is a good skill to learn? Does it matter? I tried to learn how to use the "1-9" keys but it got extremely annoying when I had to move the mobs which meant having to reposition the hands which led me to getting lost on the keyboard. Of course it's something I could get used to....just wondering if you guys think its worth learning...or just a style...

Thanks much!
Cerwillis
Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:54 am
the short answer is: yes.

Long answer:
daemonym
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:17 am
all my main spells are key bound from 1-6, control+1-control+4, alt+1-alt+4. everything else is arranged according to amount of use. i also have my key pad set to target group members and the function keys to set raid markers. if i need to click something it's all in the same spot essentially right next to where i let my cursor sit when i'm moving. no cast sequence macros used.
_________________
Tunnis
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:35 am
Main spells are key bound around WASD (which I walk with). None main keys, like bubble, Exorcism and others i use mouse to click.
_________________

Zand
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:44 am
1-9 - + Main attack spells and heals
f1-f12 2ndary abilities (Hands, longer cooldown attacks)
alt1-alt6 Oh sh** buttons
shift1-shift6 Daily quest items

g = bubble
c = cleanse
h = hammer of justice

Mouse is for movement, I have an MX revolution w/ like, 8 buttons

center mouse/scroll click = auto-run
mouse 3 - forward
mouse 4 - backward
side scroll forward - strafe left
side scroll back - strafe right
side scroll click - mount
small hourglass button - map
_________________
Clan Imbrium - Moved to Greymane!
Zandvor - Paladin Class Leader, Tankadin
Navaj - Warrior, Fury dps extraordinare
Zian - N00b Druid....
Delance - Future Death Knight
Don't ask...I just like tanks.
moduspwnens
Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:55 am
I actually had a thread about keybindings. It's gone now.
_________________
Collecting mounts? Check this out.
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
anthony
Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:08 pm
i suck at macros and key bindings so i dont use them...
_________________
i come with my own background music, yes im that cool.
~
Fahsky
Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:11 pm
I click most all of my skills, as I play on a laptop with one of the most un-satisfyingly usable keyboards I've ever seen. It's basically entirely flat, so I'm constantly having to look to see what keys I'm hitting, which is way too annoying. >_< I don't PvP, so I'm fine with being a terrible clicker.
_________________


"I vant you to keel seex snow moose."
Arnock
Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:21 pm
when tanking, I have 2 and 3 bound to the 96969 rotation,

Shift E judge
Shift R HoJ
shift F HoW
Shift C exorcism
Shift x holy shield
shift Q consecration
_________________


Prot gear if armory is ret
Arill
Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:14 pm
Got a lot of responds...nice...yeah looks like I'll be mashing keys as well. It's just a little awkward, but nothing I can't get used to.
Sarutankah
Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:27 pm
I click but have stuff like Flash of Light (for ret) bound to E and have a weak attempt at a macro:

/cast Holy Shock
/Cast Sacred Shield

bound to q so that if I'm holy it should hopefully stop an oh shit situ by either shielding or holyshocking my target (which is always the tank as I use healbot for all my healing otherwise).
_________________
Airanna
Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:13 am
I can't stand the locked rotation macros, so I have Q, E, R, C, F bound to multi use macros. For example, Q is

#showtooltip
/cast [nomod] Seal of Command
/cast [nomod] Holy Shield
/cast [mod:shift] Divine Protection
/*whatever that cool line is that stops error messages from spamming me while I spam the macro*

E, R, C and F are Divine Storm/ShoR/Consecrate, Judgement of Light/Judgement of Wisdom/Judgement of Justice, Crusader Strike/HotR/HoW, and Righteous Defense/Repentance/Avenger's Shield respectively.

Heals are hotkeyed through Clique. FoL is shift+left, HL is shift+right, and LoH is ctrl+left. I don't go Holy, so no need for other ones.
_________________
It's AIRSOME!
Arill
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:29 am
Well so far I'm just not able to get used to it. I have 1-6 for my main spells that I'll use on every pull, and just can't get used to it. =/
phaqueue
Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:49 am
1-6, shift1-6, qefgzx, shift-qefgzx, ctrl-qefgzxcv, all bound to different things...

the stuff I use more often is bound to the easy to reach keys... my main attacks (judgement, hammer, shield) are 123, holy shield is f, consecrate is z,

I can post where everything is bound when I get home if anyone's really interested...

I have things like mounting and hearth bound also... I really don't like clicking... they are bound to control keys...

also finally bound prospecting (f12)
_________________
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" -Douglas Adams