Skip to content
Maintankadin

Block Cap macro, anybody care to test it?

crabcrouton
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:55 pm

Block Cap macro, anybody care to test it?

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*0.20333)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

So this is my amended uncrushable macro with the aim to check how close I am to the block cap. I removed the + 20 Defense from Anticipation. Then converted the old 150/355 (1/2.365 = 0.42283) skill:rating ratio at level 70 to the 1/4.918 (0.20333) ratio at 80.

Anyone doing raids want to give this a try and see if it matches their results?
Kroda
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 pm
I'll compare numbers with the numbers I get from tankadin
_________________
crabcrouton
Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:41 am
Score! Thanks um... Dork.
Majiben
Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:09 am
DR on miss are not picked up macros or addons yet FYI, you'll need to have 1.5-2% more than the macro displays to be at the true cap.
_________________
KysenMurrin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:18 am
I've been using a macro for this for a long time now, and haven't changed it since 3.0, but I noticed that it's slightly different to the one in this thread, so now I'm not sure if it is right or not. The one I have is:

KysenMurrin
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:46 am
Yeah, I was wondering about those 100s... I'd not looked closely at it before, just cut-and-pasted from somewhere (I think a thread on this site, but not sure, might have been wowwiki).
So, the differences just make it work whatever your base defense is at? Good to know.
_________________
crabcrouton
Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:56 pm
Makes sense. I'll be running Naxx soon so that'll give me a chance to gear up and see just how accurate the modified macro is (if it is 1-2% or wildly 4-5% for example). Thanks everyone.
crabcrouton
Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:55 pm
Janduin, I modified the macro like you suggested:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combined avoidance. Currently at:",0.8,0.8,1)
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+(GetCombatRatingBonus(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)*0.04,1,0.5,0)

It seems to not give an output for %. Could you take a look and see what's missing?
majorwoo
Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:16 am
I've been reading more and more of these macros threads looking for one that includes miss% and works with DR. I've come to understand that DR doesn't get counted yet due to macro/addon limitations, and I understand that. What I'm trying to figure out is, is the base miss% included in these macros in the section dealing with defense? And it would also be impacted by DR? (I understand our defense values really suffer DR in miss% just from getting to 54))

Thanks!
_________________

Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
Majiben
Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:50 am
Macros don't handle non linear equations well. Let me give you some points of reference.

At 810 defense rating you will have 6.59% miss from defense before DR and 4.59% post DR. A 2% lose.

At 690 defense rating you will have 5.61% miss from defense before DR and 4.11% post DR. A 1.5% lose.

Using those numbers you could create a macro that approximates the DR with a linear for people with defense rating between 690 and 810.
_________________
steadypal
Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:35 am
OH GOD i am SOOOO freaking depressed right now, WTF arrgh,

i used a macro from a different post, got to 102.5, was all happy,, i tried adding it up with a pencil didnt add up right, looked for a new macro and now i see yours


and NOOOO im like barely 96%ish, /wrists,

wtf do i do now