Skip to content
Maintankadin

For those bothered by ShoR's lack of a sound effect...

Ashram
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:11 pm

For those bothered by ShoR's lack of a sound effect...

/cast Shield of Righteousness
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Spells\\MaimImpact.wav");

1 press of the button plays the sound and casts the spell. If you don't like that sound (although to me it's about perfect) then there's a huuuuuuge list of them at http://bytewire.net/biglistofsounds.txt

:D
Guillex
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:13 pm
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Murloc\\mMurlocAggroA.wav") IMHO.
BlackKnight6667
Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:41 pm

Re: For those bothered by ShoR's lack of a sound effect...

Ashram wrote:/cast Shield of Righteousness
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Spells\\MaimImpact.wav");

1 press of the button plays the sound and casts the spell. If you don't like that sound (although to me it's about perfect) then there's a huuuuuuge list of them at http://bytewire.net/biglistofsounds.txt

:D


NICE!!! Thanks, I've always wanted to be able to do that, now even moreso due to the lack of sound for that attack.
Ashram
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:04 pm
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Spells\\MoltenBlastImpact.wav")

is good too :D
KysenMurrin
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 pm
After playing around, I'm a fan of
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Item\\Weapons\\Sword2H\\m2hSwordHitMetalWeaponCrit.wav")

Though I'll have to test out and see if it gets too annoying.

Edit: Okay, in combat that got old pretty quick.
Ashram
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:28 pm
/script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Spells\\sealofcrusader_impact.wav")

An old favourite for those who miss SotC and want a more holy/magical sounding shield slam :D
Chunes
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:53 pm
only bummer i could see is that it plays the sound whether your ShoR connects or not.

any scriptmasters out there know if you can condition it to play the sound if the spell connects?
Kelarik
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:32 am
Haven't actually noticed the ShoR sound effect, will have to turn up my game sounds a bit more. Love the HotR one though, unfortunately my pocket melee DPS can't stand it and turned off his game sounds because of it, ah the joys of being a Tankadin, now he actually listens to what I say on ventrilo ^_^
Guillex
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:34 am
Kelarik wrote:Haven't actually noticed the ShoR sound effect, will have to turn up my game sounds a bit more. Love the HotR one though, unfortunately my pocket melee DPS can't stand it and turned off his game sounds because of it, ah the joys of being a Tankadin, now he actually listens to what I say on ventrilo ^_^


There isn't a sound effect for ShoR ... That's the whole point of the thread.
Kelarik
Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:37 am
Oh... I failed to see the word 'lack of' in the thread title... why didn't it bug me that the macro didn't disable sound when ShoR was cast... god I really shouldn't be browsing forums after being up for 32 hours, I'm going to bed!... after just 1 more thread... or 2...

/facepalm
moduspwnens
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:34 am
I might do it if I could figure out how to get TJH to do it, yaknow, so it only does it when it successfully casts. I tend to spam them :O
Noradin
Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 pm
moduspwnens wrote:I might do it if I could figure out how to get TJH to do it, yaknow, so it only does it when it successfully casts. I tend to spam them :O


I use Power Auras to play something everytime ShoR goes on CD.
blackcat
Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:52 am
EDIT: It was an old screenshot, figured out the sound.

However, I'm still having trouble triggering the 'aura', what did you use to make it go off when ShoR went on cooldown?
notforbiting
Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:27 am
moduspwnens wrote:I might do it if I could figure out how to get TJH to do it, yaknow, so it only does it when it successfully casts. I tend to spam them :O


open ThatJustHappened.lua and head on down to line 701 or search for
Code: Select all
SendChatMessage(msg, "CHANNEL", nil, GetChannelName(channel));


and after that line, ADD:

Code: Select all
   elseif channel == "PLAYSOUND" then
         PlaySoundFile(msg);


save and exit.

in game, create a tjh rule as such

Code: Select all
/tjh rule SPELL_DAMAGE;YOURNAME;;Shield of Righteousness;self;PLAYSOUND;Sound\Spells\CleaveTarget.wav


substitute in your favorite sound file ;D

also, be aware that you have to use SINGLE slashes when listing the sound file in your rule, using DOUBLE slashes as you might normally will cause it not to play a sound..


id like to use the shield slam sound myself, but i cant seem to find it.. anyone have it?
SmurfZG
Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:12 am
I approve of the above user's first post! Thanks :>