Skip to content
Maintankadin

Add-On to consolidate judgements to a single key ?

Extermi
Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:37 am

Add-On to consolidate judgements to a single key ?

Hi, I am searching for a mod that allows me to map one of the 3 judgements (light, wisdom, command) to one UI button conveniently.

Currently, I need to drag the judgement I need from the spellbook, and I would much prefer something like a small, permanently visible bar that would select the judgement preset for the button/keypress.

And yes, I know the macro to use modifier keys but in fact you typically select one judgement type per fight and situation and rarely switch, so pressing the right modifier key in the rotation is error-prone and unnecessary complex IMHO.

Any ideas, maybe a generic button-mapping add-on that could be used that way ?

Thanks,

Extermi
Jerey-Darkspear
Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:57 am
I devote an action bar to holding judgements and seals that aren't my primaries then I set that action bar to auto-hide. When I want to swap, I just drag and drop before the fight. If I need the other seal, I can just click it.
_________________
Am I Prot?


6/6 SSC; 4/4 TK; 5/5 MH; 9/9 BT
Selonya
Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:06 am
In a bit more detail:

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift] Judgment of Justice
/cast [modifier:alt] Judgment of Wisdom
/cast Judgment of Light

What it does:

Say you assign this macro to your "1" key on the action bar. Normally, this key will show Judgment of Light, and cast it when that button is pressed. If you hold down Shift, you'll see this button now show Judgment of Justice, and if you press that button while holding shift, you'll cast it. Hold down alt and press the button for Judgment of Wisdom.

You can even write a similar macro for most (not all) of your seals for one button as well:

#showtooltip
/cast [modifier:shift] Seal of Shift
/cast [modifier:alt] Seal of Alt
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Seal of Ctrl
/cast Seal of No Modifier

I've read that the Win key can also be used as a modifier, but haven't played with that. Hope this helps!


edit: I missed where the OP expressed their knowledge of modifier macros. I'll leave my post up in case anyone who doesn't know how to write macros to accomplish the posted topic comes along.
Sarkan-ZdC
Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:57 am
Well modifiers do work.

Let's say you have JoWisdom with no mod, JoLight with shift. You are the guy for Light this raid. So you have to press Shift + Judge Key about 500 times.

Hell.. I would just drag the damn judement of light into the right slot (2) and be done with it. Really.

I'll make two macros


#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier]Judgment of Light;[modifier:shift] Judgment of Wisdom

#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier]Judgment of Wisdom;[modifier:shift] Judgment of Light

And when we start to raid, I'll update ZOMGBuffs with the buffs for the day and just move the right judge to my bar.
majorwoo
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:28 am
I've been using one of these macros with modifiers and when I press my modifier my key changes to the new judgement icon on my bar, but then when i try to actually press it - it wont go off. I'm guessing it's one of my addons, perhaps bartender4? I'll have to play with it when I get some time.
_________________
majorwoo
Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:55 am
Yes, I'm holding down the modifier, and no no spelling errors. (i copy
pasted it a few different times, tried typing it myself, etc)

Hmm, if its nor bartender I wonder where else to look. Is there any issue with left/right alt keys? I use the left ones with it. Like I said I'm seeing the spot on my bar change to the icon of the new judgement (i do press the key btw, but i tried clicking as well with no luck)

*edit*
I fail at remembering I bound alt-1 through alt-5 to outfits making alt judgement key (5) a already bound macro, but since i had no outfit on it yet I wasn't seeing anything happen...
_________________
Extermi
Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:49 am
Thanks to all of you for the replies, but as I said in my original post I was well aware of the modifier macro but I wanted to have a pre-configuration.

Since there was nothing available, I wrote a quick add-on that allows me to cycle with my mouse thumb button through the 3 available judgements, which are mapped to my usual judgement action button that I can click / activate with my Y key (and that always shows the right icon & tooltip).

So, problem solved.

Extermi
Digren
Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am
I was thinking of this exact thing at lunch today. I'm trying out the modifiers macro on judgements, and it's a hassle to alt-button alll night just because I want to use one of the other judgements consistently. I also am looking for a better way to keep the correct seal up consistently; it doesn't need a prime hotkey spot since it's not cast on rotation, but it needs to be easily reachable for the two-minute cooldown.

What I want is a little window that handles both seals and judgements:

1. Lets me select my primary seal.
2. Lets me select an (optional) twist seal.
3. Lets me select my primary judgement.

Once selected, I can create hotkeys to macros that cast the seal or judgement of choice. For example: /sccast mainseal will cast the primary seal, /sccast twistseal, etc. If I am tanking I'll set Vengeance as the seal and forget about it, etc. If I need to change I can just click on the new seal in the little window and subsequent casts with my hotkey will automatically switch to the new seal.

I could have it check for no seal as well, and, if you try to judge when no seal is active, it could instead cast your primary seal and give you a warning.