Skip to content
Maintankadin

3.0 UI Problem

Morganim
Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:46 pm

3.0 UI Problem

Didndt know where to stick this so here for now.

I need some help but the wow technical site is down so i thought maybe some of you guys will know.

I installed 3.0 on vista, and it asked me if i wanted to move wow out of program files to uses/public bla bla for future updating ease and all that. I clicked yes thinking it was the smart thing to do considering they had suggested it.

As of this morning i can no longer save my UI settings namely screen resolution, ui scaling, windowed mode anything like that.

Just wondering if anyone has had this same issue today and knows how to fix it ?
Guillex
Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:49 pm
Uhm, I'd say try deleting your wtf folder and letting it write a fresh one.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnd possibly putting the folder back where it was.
_________________
Official thread killer

Rorshach
Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm
I just said no to that reorganization crap.

I like having Vista ask me if I want to add/delete or move files. If it's ever an issue, just right-click your wow icon and say 'run as administrator'.
_________________
Armory
Guild
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Elsie
Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm
Please keep 3.0 questions to another forum.
Caelia
Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Anyone know of a good buff bar system? elleks doesnt seem to be working for me.
_________________
killa
Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:30 am
Just make sure you are saving your settings to
C:\Users\public\games\world of warcraft\Interface or WTF folder
and not your old
C:\Program Files\World of warcraft\Interface
folder


I did the same thing
Warden
Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:02 am
Also, sometimes the security permissions on the newly copied files can become locked down, preventing WoW from writing the saved settings. You may wish to check those settings on the "new" WoW directory in the Public folder... I had the same problem you did, and this ended up being the solution for me.