Skip to content
Maintankadin

Rawr.Tankadin

ermad
Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:10 am

Rawr.Tankadin

Hey, I made Rawr.Tankadin (and Healadin) and I am in the process for updating it for 3.0/WotLK. If you don't know what Rawr is, it is a dedicated theorycrafting program where you select all of your current gear/enchants/buffs and it ranks various different items relative to your current gear. http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8463/rawr2ob7.jpg is an old screenshot from my Healadin module, but just to give you an idea of what it looks like. You can look at the current version here http://www.codeplex.com/Rawr/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=17339

Some of you might have used it for TBC, and it was pretty crappy. That was because I was in middle of developing it when I quit WoW, and was not even close to finished with it and shouldn't have been released in its current form. But, I am back to playing my Paladin for WotLK and I am going to finish the module.

That being said, the module is coming along pretty well, and is mostly done except for waiting for final versions of all the spells. I am trying to support 71-79 as well, I have most of what I need for rating conversions. Just some data on the base stats for Paladins level 71-79. So if you have a beta key and paladin between there could you respond to this post with your base stats without any gear or buffs. I need the values for: Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intellect, Spirit without any talents or gear equipped, so I can calculate base stats for level 71-79. Please note what race you are when posting.

Also, I am going to be modeling different Threat rotations (both pre and post ShoR) so you can see which one is the best with different gear setups. You can post here any rotation you will like to see included and I will try to put it in.
Scotthew
Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:13 am
Did you also do the Retribution tool? I love that thing.



_________________
Honorshammer
Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:26 am
That's a nice bit of coding. I've used Rawr and I am impressed with it.

If you ever need a hand, Ermad, my .Net skills are at your disposal.
_________________

http://honorscode.blogspot.com/
ermad
Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:19 am
No I didn't do Retribution, but a Paladin guildie of mine worked a bit on it and is going to be updating it for WotLK.

But if you are interested in trying it out the current version is in the repository on Codeplex, you can check out a copy and compile it. Most of the stuff is done, mostly need to finish off the threat part.
Andox
Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:20 pm
Wow, very very nice! Thanks alot
Kelaan
Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:54 pm
It is indeed very nice. I wish I could import warcrafter.net profiles, hehe, but that'd be gratuitous gravy, I guess.
Mavrix
Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:27 pm
The Tankadin tool that's been on Rawr is quite flawed it seems to me (or possibly it's a PEBKAC situation).
It's telling me I should change to s3 or s4 gear to tank with.
Maybe I have settings wrong?
_________________
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix
BE Tankadin
Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dalaran&n=Mavrix
Velgarn
Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:14 pm
Can it be run in Linux?
_________________
ermad
Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:46 pm


Here is a screenshot of the latest version btw. Keep in mind this is with post 3.0 stats when we will start to scale a lot with strength.
Tieran
Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:58 pm
I liked Rawr - but I had a few issues with it - such as my stats not being correctly put calculated - I had like .45% less dodge etc each time (workable around ofc).

But mainly like above poster said - threat is hugely over-rated by it - S4 gear > dedicated SWP gear in some cases... and then the tps calculator at the bottom told me I still couldn't do more than 1100 tps Razz

I mean tanking with 900 spell dmg would be fun but I *may* get touched up by the boss a few times Sad

*edit* This was still the case after much playing with it - like setting mitigation values etc.
_________________
Tieran - Emeriss
No Win Scenario
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emeriss&n=Tieran