Skip to content
Maintankadin

sct alternatives

Naeldon
Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:36 am

sct alternatives

Howdy,

I'm just wondering if anyone has any good sct alternatives. I don't mind sct but I'd like to see what else is out there before I settle on one particular mod. I tried EavesDrop but I didn't like it too much.

I'd prefer something displays around the characters (like sct and eaves) rather than in a chat window type thing. I know of MSBT and Parrot but I've not tried either of those two yet (going to give them a go tonight) although Parrot is rumoured to be a bit difficult to configure.
moduspwnens
Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:37 am
Mik's Scrolling Combat Text
Parrot

I like SCT better than Parrot, haven't tried Mik's. Maybe I'm just too lazy or uncreative to think of a good configuration.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Teyrocar
Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:39 am
I personally like MSBT.
_________________
Naeldon
Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:07 am
I never said that! Damned lies!

Embarassed

Touche. What I meant was when I loaded Eaves, it did put it into a window, but it put the window on my character (I know I could move it but still).

Incidentally, when I read about Parrot it said it belts out Monty Python quotes when someone dies. Not sure if that's a wind up or not, but I not sure I want John Cleese screaming "THIS IS AN EX-PARROT" while I'm in the middle of a battle.
Levantine
Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:17 am
It does no such thing as far as I am aware. I don't use an SCT these days, but it never ever did that.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
Naeldon
Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:36 am
Thank fuck for that.

I'll try and find where it said it. It wasn't any official readme so I assume it was just something for shits and giggles, but as much as I like John Cleese that would be horrific.