Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pitbull layouts

Syrcla
Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:32 am

Pitbull layouts

Are there any sites with premade unit frame layouts for pitbull? I've tried searching around and have only found a few things hat involve messing with the lua (I'd rather not). Aguf doesn't provide me with the setup that I want to use and every time I try an mess around with pitbull, I get so frustrated I just uninstall it.

It's a serious pain to get anything set up with this addon, but it has all of the customization I am looking for. Crying or Very sad

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maethoriel
Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:53 pm
Try looking in: http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=6878.0 (Post cool PitBull layouts here!)

Tips for setup:

  • get yourself pen and paper
  • sketch your ui and your unitframes
  • decide what information you want to display
  • log in wow, create a new profile for pitbull and reload your ui for it to apply the profile.
  • switch to configmode in pitbull, disable all frames and modules that you don't need, reload ui
  • switch to configmode, fiddle around with the frames, the options to resemble your sketch.
    ignore the custom text on bars for now and use the ones that already come with pitbull.


Oh and take your time, my first setup (in wow) took me roughly half an hour.
_________________
Levantine
Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:42 am
...... You reloaded your UI like, five times more than you needed to by the way.

And proper use of Dogtags is infinitely better than the bullshit useless standard texts that come with pitbull.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
Syrcla
Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:17 am
I guess I am just intimidated by the menu, tbh. There are 40 million different options and nothing is easy to use/find.

I've been to the wowace site before and was hoping there was a way to get layouts without messing with the lua. But, it seems you can only have one loaded up at a time.

Oh well, thank you both for the replies.
Maethoriel
Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:04 pm
If, by chance, you refer to the
Jaeldech
Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:08 pm
Only problem with that forum is that a lot of those layouts are for older versions of Pitbull and don't work on any of the current versions unless you do some tweaking.

Being a Pitbull nub myself, it'd be nice if there were an up-to-date source of Pitbull imports in the UI section of a certain paladin tanking forum... :o
_________________
Maethoriel
Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:37 am
To be fair, visual improvments happen to be first in new textures and new fonts used.
After that it comes down to placement of bars and objects and after that, on color tweaking.

For new textures and fonts, just get SharedMedia from wowace.com.
If these are not enough:

http://files.wowace.com/SharedMedia-Blizzard/SharedMedia-Blizzard.zip
Inserts some media that is already present in the game into LibSharedMedia's storage

http://files.wowace.com/SharedMediaAdditionalFonts/SharedMediaAdditionalFonts.zip
Inserts additionnal fonts into SharedMediaLib's storage.
_________________
Naeldon
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:30 am
Hi, can someone give me a hand. This is driving me nuts.

I'm trying to import some layouts. I'm aware of the fact some are older and for a different version of PitBull but what is happening is this:

I click Layouts > Import and then paste some text and it says the layout has been imported successfully.

Then I go to Profile and select the Choose dropdown box and the profile I imported isn't there Sad

I've tried reloading UI. I've tried creating a new profile and then importing a layout to that profile but the results are the same.

The one I'm trying to load is from smoo on http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=6878.520

I've got the shared media stuff.

Sorry to hijack the thread but it's driving me barmy Very Happy
Epimer
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:24 am
Naeldon, that drove me nuts too.

Go to the config for one frame, e.g. Player, and choose the imported layout from the Layout option there.

I can't check that right now, but I think that's correct.

EDIT: removed unintentional pirate joke
Grimmal
Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 am
Honestly I have yet to see another person's layout that I liked enough to use. But I'm hella particular about some stuff...

I just decided one day that I'd fool around with all of the options and setup the UI how I wanted it. There is alot of trial and error at first, but it's worth it to have everything just how you want.
Naeldon
Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:25 am
Epimer I love you so much that I am quite willing to do any murloc grinding you needed doing for the rest of your WoW life Very Happy

Grimmal, I'm inclined to agree but like the OP the prospect of editing this stuff kinda kills me with dread. I'm a minimalist at heart so I doubt I'll find anything that suits.
Maswin
Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:04 am
Is pitbull a competitor to something like titanpanel? I.e. if i used both am I going to get a crazy f'ed up UI?