Skip to content
Maintankadin

Mouseover macros

Dantriges
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:18 am

Mouseover macros

I am looking for a macro to use righteous defense with mouseover using grid. I include it in the regular taunt macro, but somehow isn´t working. Does someone have a working one?
moduspwnens
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:19 am
/cast [target=mouseover] Righteous Defense

If you hover over someone's name in grid and push the button, it should taunt the mobs targeting that person. Is that what you wanted?
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Dantriges
Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:25 am
I tried that but didn´t work properly. I included it in the regular macro, not sure if that has something to do with it
Dantriges
Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense
Arca
Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:18 am
You may have better luck downloading the addon Clique.

Basicly, its a mod to assign spells to various mouse button and modifier key combinations to function similar to Healbot. You can assign RD to your Shift+Left click for example to simply Shift+Left click your target on grid and cast RD. You can also set it to assign entire macros to combinations as well.

Hope this helps.
Dantriges
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:32 am
It says that I don´t have a target
Thanehand
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:48 am
My guess would be this:

Guillex
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:52 am
As of 2.4, you shouldn't have to use the macro anymore.
_________________
Official thread killer

Azrak
Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:24 pm
Not trying to steal the thread, since this is little of the topic of RD macros, but it does involve mouseover ones...

I'm having a frustrating problem and wanted to see if anyone else here had experienced this or could shed some light on the situation.

I use the latest version of Pitbull (3.0 I believe...always download updates from the wowace site) and have several mousover healing macros. Now when I use these macros for FoL or HL, they work great, allowing me to heal by hovering over my raid or party frames and heal that way.

My problem only happens when trying to use the same macro format to cleanse or decurse (mage alt) over my raid/party frames.

The cleanse works if I hover over the toon on the screen like normal, but won't work over the raid frames. Like I said, I use this technique for my heals with cast times and everything is fine, but trying to cast any instant casts this way, I get no response.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, did you ever fix it? I know someone will respond with "get clique + grid" but I've spent a lot of time getting my UI just the way I like it, so would rather not move to other addons without really trying to fix this one issue for a UI I'm very happy with otherwise.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If needed, I can post my macro code, but like I said, the same code works for heals, just not for these instants, so I don't believe that's the issue.

On a totally separate note, just like to say thank you very much to the entire tankadin community. I've been lurking on this site for a long time now and very much appreciate all the time and effort all the moderators and frequent posters put in to making this a great resource and a fun place to spend a small part of my days.

/end wall of text
Dantriges
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:23 pm
Works fine, thank you very much.