Skip to content
Maintankadin

Marking mobs

tempest
Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:38 pm

Marking mobs

So you run the life of a tank and you want to speed things up..
So you put the skull, and star and circle marks on the mobs to represent who to target, sheep, sap etc..

Is there a way to do that via a macro?

Like say

/%t <put skull mark>
/cast Avenger's Shield
/raid Pulling %t

etc

Could you mark a mob via a macro?
_________________
tempest
Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:01 am
Excellent thank you
_________________
Afraithe
Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:14 am
A sub question, could you do that as a modifier, so perhaps you could add it only when you hold down shift? That way you could combine it with other macros.
_________________
Levantine
Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:48 am
I'd imagine so. I don't know the macro myself, but it seems possible with a [modifier:shift] added in somewhere.
_________________


5/6 SSC, 3/4 TK, 4/5 Hyjal

Funstrider, Vashjina and Archilol can go diaf
jere
Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:13 am
You could always put the line at the end of your macro and add a stop macro line before it:

/cast Avenger's Shield
/stopmacro [mod:shift]
/script SetRaidTarget("target", n)

Still, I am more of a fan of using keybindings + number pad for my symbol marking rather than addons or macros.
_________________
Wyleai
Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:56 pm
I use something like this:


#showtooltip Seal of the Crusader
/cast [button:1] Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of the Crusader
/script SetRaidTarget("target", 8)


Used to also have:

/p Targeting %T

in there, but in the lower levels people object to it, and I'm leveling a new paladin right now.
_________________

Kup
Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:42 am
I my tanking mark (usually skull) bound to my middle mouse button. Works exceptionally well for giving dps a single target focus target while I build AOE threat.
_________________
Wyleai
Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:18 pm
Sometimes I think I should mark every critter but the one I want DPS to attack - because quite often that's exactly how they play it.