Skip to content
Maintankadin

Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Neejo
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:11 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Varrusk wrote:A few months old now, but not much has changed.

I'll try and get a shot up in combat and while casting (the usuals).

Image


Nice, is that Lave UI?
If not, could you upload it somewhere?
Really liking UI's like that.
Atm I'm Using Roth but starting to dislike serveral things that are in it.
Levantine
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

It's an ever so slightly altered CaithUI from the looks. Download is >here<. He looks to be using one of the older versions though. Caith is fond of changing his ui ever so subtly over the months.
Varrusk
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:00 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Levantine wrote:It's an ever so slightly altered CaithUI from the looks. Download is >here<. He looks to be using one of the older versions though. Caith is fond of changing his ui ever so subtly over the months.


Indeed it is. I can try and upload it if you need.

The only difference that I remember is that I added a row of buttons in the action bar at the bottom, and then scaled the KG Panel to match.

-Varr
bubbleandrun
Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:49 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

here's mine
Image
jfrosty
Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:33 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Raid shot, in combat:
Image

Party shot, out of combat:
Image

(yes, non-pally tank in your pally thread :D)

Done from scratch, fairly minimalist, I know there's some duplicate information like buffs but I like that.
I like that I've finally been able to integrate the Raid and Party frames in the middle of the screen without making it look like a total mess. I'm used to having all the information in the center, as it improves my tanking significantly.

Major addons:

oUF (with the excellent oUF_Nivaya layout), plus some plugins, notably aggro+debuff highlighter
Bartender4
DBM
Carbonite
kgPanels
MikScrollingBattleText
Satrina's Buff Frames (also takes care of my debuff timers above the rune bar)
Omen (auto-hides, when in combat it's next to the Carbonite minimap)
Recount (usually kept hidden)
SimpleRuneBar

The OS shot shows a nameplate addon which I have removed in the meantime and gone back to the cleaner Aloft.
fafhrd
Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:11 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Image

Trying out grid as my raid frames instead of RDX finally :S

Still won't display and sort quite how I want, but performance is slightly better. Missing a good assist frame though.
Tuberon
Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:38 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Image

I like info. Too much.

Also, the instructor fight was acting a bit buggy.
confedsg
Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Tuberon wrote:(Image Above Here)

I like info. Too much.

Also, the instructor fight was acting a bit buggy.


90000ms :|
Jasari
Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:56 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Touched up my UI recently:

Image
Tuberon
Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 pm

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

confedsg wrote:
Tuberon wrote:(Image Above Here)

I like info. Too much.

Also, the instructor fight was acting a bit buggy.


90000ms :|


Quartz is buggy in it's own right. The latency at the top is far more right.

At least it's over 9000?
Levantine
Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Quartz always shows the Raz mind control at a bazillion ms. You aren't actually playing with that much lag.
Azimi
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Still need to rework some of it but it's got all I really need on it.
Image
Zeruvar
Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:36 am

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Varrusk wrote:
Levantine wrote:It's an ever so slightly altered CaithUI from the looks. Download is >here<. He looks to be using one of the older versions though. Caith is fond of changing his ui ever so subtly over the months.


Indeed it is. I can try and upload it if you need.

The only difference that I remember is that I added a row of buttons in the action bar at the bottom, and then scaled the KG Panel to match.

-Varr



id sure like an upload if you can please. ive been messing around with my UI using some of the suggested ones (Xperl and bartender) but im getting bad fps at times (30fps is bad imho, i should be getting higher but maybe its just my specs)
id put a screenie soon as i get back home though

p.s. im sure my pc is more than decent enough, but for some reason im getting bad frame rates during raids. it averages around 30 like i said, but i wish i could get it higher. I've tried just turning down some of the video options, but unless i really need to upgrade something on my pc, i wish i could leave everything on highest detail.

heres the main parts btw
bfg 9800gtx
phenom 9500
3 gig ram

any ideas anyone? ive tried everything i can think of, including shutting down other apps in my taskbar. thanks for your help
Dasphunk
Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

Here's my UI, just changed a couple things as of late. Still might do some work, just depends.

Image
fafhrd
Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: Post Your Interface! v3.x [[READ THE FIRST POST]]

A friend pointed me to a new hud mod (http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... 4-hud.html) and while skeptical at first (too showy) I ended up switching to it because it takes so much less CPU and memory than my old DHud (or MetaHUD) - I suspect it's just offloading a lot of the work to the GPU which doesn't get tracked by the profiling tool (or Dhud and metahud are just wildly inefficient in how they update and draw).

Anyway, one "feature" of the new hud (it's still in beta) is that instead of a regular cast bar, it has a sort of cast ring - this thing starts spinning while you're casting, and accelerates as you progress through the cast. This is probably kinda cool on casters (still fairly useless as a progress indicator imo) but very distracting as a hunter because of all the steady shots you cast.

So I modified the code to use that ring to instead show my current attack speed. It starts spinning when a character engages ranged or melee autoattack, and the rate of spin adjusts to your current attack speed, so as you proc haste or use speed pots or get heroism, it gets faster and slower.

Now, I'm not going to say this is amazingly useful (although it's more useful than the cast ring), but boy do I have fun with it.

Streaming vid to show it in action: http://www.wegame.com/watch/Fafhrds_spinny_thing_2/