Skip to content
Maintankadin

New Macro Sticky

Dianora
Wed May 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: Talent Switching Macro with Outfitter

Zumor wrote:
Dianora wrote:Assuming you're using Outfitter with gear set Retribution and Protection. Primary Talent is Protection, Secondary Talent is Retribution.

Retribution wrote:/usetalents 2
/in 6 /outfitter wear Retribution
/cancelaura Righteous Fury


Protection wrote:/usetalents 1
/in 6 /outfitter wear Protection


Had to add that last line in Retribution because I keep on forgetting to cancel retribution aura when switching over to Retribution and pull aggro.


Outfitter has a script you can activate to switch gear when switching talentspecc
rightclick Retri-Gear-Setup > Scripts > General > Primary/Secondary Talents
it will switch gear after you switch talents


I've done that already. Still never work for me.
Cryo
Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:49 am

Re: New Macro Sticky

Hello, Been reding these boards every day for year or 2 now, just decided to start postig hehe.

I was looking for a light weight stand alone addon that would calculate average itemlevel on my gear, and came across this on a Blizz Forum thread :

/run local t,c,u,k=0,0,UnitExists("target")and"target"or"player"for i=1,16 do k=GetInventoryItemLink(u,i)if i~=4 and k then t=t+select(4,GetItemInfo(k))c=c+1 end end c=c>0 and print(t/c)

A simple macro can handle it, it will tell you your average item level, or that of the person you are inspecting.
Thought some people could find it useful, saves up the memory a mod would've used! =)
And thanks to everyone on here who contributes to making me a better tank every day!
Keladin
Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

In my guild they always call out for a "double sac" heh its not what your thinking...maybe it is?

We raid with 3 paladins, 1 of each spec. I seem to be the more reliable between myself and the holy so Im usually called to use CD's on the tank.

I'd like a macro to Divine Shield, Divine Sacrafice, Hand of Sacrafice (the tank) while still targetting the boss. I'm very terrible with macro's and this one may have already been posted and I just didnt know what I was looking at.

Thanks guys,


http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Keladin
Jasari
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Keladin wrote:In my guild they always call out for a "double sac" heh its not what your thinking...maybe it is?

We raid with 3 paladins, 1 of each spec. I seem to be the more reliable between myself and the holy so Im usually called to use CD's on the tank.

I'd like a macro to Divine Shield, Divine Sacrafice, Hand of Sacrafice (the tank) while still targetting the boss. I'm very terrible with macro's and this one may have already been posted and I just didnt know what I was looking at.

Thanks guys,


http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Keladin


FYI, Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice don't stack.
Keladin
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Jasari wrote:
Keladin wrote:In my guild they always call out for a "double sac" heh its not what your thinking...maybe it is?

We raid with 3 paladins, 1 of each spec. I seem to be the more reliable between myself and the holy so Im usually called to use CD's on the tank.

I'd like a macro to Divine Shield, Divine Sacrafice, Hand of Sacrafice (the tank) while still targetting the boss. I'm very terrible with macro's and this one may have already been posted and I just didnt know what I was looking at.

Thanks guys,


http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Keladin


FYI, Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice don't stack.



So if I use my 5 min cd Divine Shield, then cast divine sac followed by HoS (on the tank), the divine sac wont mitigate any raid damage?
Jasari
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Keladin wrote:
Jasari wrote:
Keladin wrote:In my guild they always call out for a "double sac" heh its not what your thinking...maybe it is?

We raid with 3 paladins, 1 of each spec. I seem to be the more reliable between myself and the holy so Im usually called to use CD's on the tank.

I'd like a macro to Divine Shield, Divine Sacrafice, Hand of Sacrafice (the tank) while still targetting the boss. I'm very terrible with macro's and this one may have already been posted and I just didnt know what I was looking at.

Thanks guys,


http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Keladin


FYI, Divine Sacrifice and Hand of Sacrifice don't stack.



So if I use my 5 min cd Divine Shield, then cast divine sac followed by HoS (on the tank), the divine sac wont mitigate any raid damage?



There's no reason to cast Hand of Sacrifice because Divine Sacrifice will already be mitigating damage from the MT. I'm not sure if casting HoSac will overwrite the Divine Sac buff on the entire raid or only the MT though.
Keladin
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

I guess my thinking is that during a fight I'll usually only get 1 divine shield and if I HoS the tank without it Im pretty much toast. I figured I could help by mitigating some raid damage at the same time as helping the tank :)
Jasari
Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Keladin wrote:I guess my thinking is that during a fight I'll usually only get 1 divine shield and if I HoS the tank without it Im pretty much toast. I figured I could help by mitigating some raid damage at the same time as helping the tank :)


Divine Sacrifice will mitigate raid damage AND tank damage. Why would you need to cast HoSac as well?
Keladin
Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:04 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Well i guess nevermind then, it felt nice to press more then my usual 3 buttons during a raid but i guess its just a waste of time
KassiraBB
Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

I'm currently doing some PVP as Ret, I have a macro that equips my Remose and Wall of Terror for emergencies/being focused, but after hitting it, and once out of combat, my shield is unequipped. Is there a macro that doesn't do this? My one now is just simply:

/Equip Remose
/Equip Wall of Terror
QuantumDelta
Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

Is there any reason why you guys don't suggest using something like;

#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence reset=6 Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Wisdom, Shield of Righteousness, Consecration
Btw? oO
jere
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:19 am

Re: New Macro Sticky

Well for one, it messes up the ideal 96969 rotation. You would need to extend it out further to cover at least 18 seconds. Second, it is typically good to have some control over you abilities. It is probably more ideal to have a 6 second macro and either a 9 second macro to alternate with or just do the 9 second ones manually.
Tuberon
Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

jere wrote:Well for one, it messes up the ideal 96969 rotation. You would need to extend it out further to cover at least 18 seconds. Second, it is typically good to have some control over you abilities. It is probably more ideal to have a 6 second macro and either a 9 second macro to alternate with or just do the 9 second ones manually.


That's what I do for the rotation, 6's on macro, 9's on their own. Makes it easier to substitute things in if I want.
Skytex
Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

I can't get

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Unhittable at 102.4%% - you have %.2f%%", GetDodgeChance() + GetBlockChance() + GetParryChance() + 5 + 1/(0.0625 + 0.956/(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/4.91850*0.04))))

or the wintergrasp time one to work. they dont say anything anywhere. what am i doin wrong? i just copy pasted them into a macro button.
Jasari
Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: New Macro Sticky

I have a quick question.

I currently use:
Code: Select all
/castsequence reset=10 Divine Shield, Divine Sacrifice


To mash out DSx2. However, I want to add raid warnings to announce when I do so, something along the lines of:
Code: Select all
/rw Jasari - Divine Sacrifice Used
/in 7 /rw Jasari - Divine Sacrifice fades in 3 sec...
/in 10 /rw Jasari - Divine Sacrifice faded


Is there a way to add these to only trigger after Divine Sacrifice in the cast sequence? As it is now, after pushing the macro twice I'll get 2 sets of raid warnings.

Thanks