Skip to content
Maintankadin

RetFaceroller Addon

BlackKnight6667
Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:48 am
I'm not saying I'm against having it as an addon, nor as one that "suggests" what to do next (Actually I'd like to see it adapted to Prot, so I can see my cooldowns better), but some were asking to make it a clickable. It would then enable all the "wanna bees" to become great tanks via an addon that on any given patch day could break.

Useing it as a timer is fine, just not as a clickable one. I'd hate to get a bunch of players that used it in a clickable form become great tanks and then when the addon breaks give all the rest of us Palitanks a bad rep when they have no idea how to tank for real.
_________________
Questioner
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:42 am
Well, wotlk finally installed, so guess what I've been doing (levelling with the little time I've had)? Very Happy Downtime is a good time to work on the addon though.

Man, I miss college.

I doubt anyone would find this useful in levelling tbh. You don't need to max dps. I do still plan on getting together a pre-release. Don't expect the code to be pretty though, I am still learning some of the nuances. I have two major bugs to work out: 1.) Sometimes the icons don't load upon first entering the game. 2.) Sometimes the "priority will change during GCD" calculations seem to freak out.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:45 am
Weird, it won't let me edit "wish" to "miss".
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Panzerdin
Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:16 pm
With regard to it being impossible to move the clickable buttons:

Could you not simply make it a giant button for a macro that uses those abilities in order of preference, and have the icons themselves move around within it? This way, you're moving icons on a macro, rather than the macro itself. I don't understand how Lua/Blizzard's rules work, so this may be impossible, in which case I apologise for wasting your time.

Nice addon though.
Questioner
Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Early Version Posted

I'll have a version up tomorrow. I got the major bugs worked out today and will play test it a bit this evening.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Chunes
Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:28 pm
/cheers

i lurk this subforum daily looking for news on this addon.

xoxo
_________________
Questioner
Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:22 am
Not a keylogger, but zipped on a mac so you might have some weird issues with copying directories of files.

http://www.codesavior.com/wow/RetFaceroller.zip

There are probably a hundred and one bugs, and I am not sure it will work for alliance paladins at all, but I wanted to keep my word that I would post some code today.
_________________
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
CircuAuchindoun
Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:22 am
Congratulations on the release, I'm defiantly going to be using this for off-spec. Now that you have it out and being tested, you'll have a little more feedback to get things smoothed out with RetFaceroller. Will you now consider starting/adapting it for ProtFaceroller? You had mentioned it near the beginning of this thread, if there was enough interest you would possibly begin working on something similar for the protection 9696 rotation.
_________________
Paladin (Circu) - Protection (3/56/12) - Auchindoun (Horde)
Zili
Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:26 pm
Great addon really streamlined, I'm currently working on modifying it to work for a frostfire mage as that's my main. So far it's been really easy to understand and get working with different spells.
Rustoz
Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:01 pm
LOVE this addon, but recently have been getting a error whenever I use a trinket. any plans to update?

side question, is there a way to change the lua to make it accept any seal besides just blood/martyr?
theckhd
Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:21 am
A prot version of this could be very useful for beginning paladins learning the 969 rotation. It would certainly be easier to read than my current BT4 configuration, which would minimize eye-motion induced delays.

If you use BT4, you can already make a "poor man's" version of this, which also has the benefit of being clickable. Just make one of the bars a 5-row 1-column bar and drop the 969 tanking abilities on them.

Personally, once dual-spec goes in I'll probably use this addon for ret off-spec for soloing and on fights that require fewer tanks. That is, provided the other tanks aren't all off-speccing TG fury or Boomkin or something. =D
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Theck
Fizzgig
Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:15 pm
Hey I'm enjoying this quite a bit while just goofing around off spec at the moment.

I know on your list but my biggest thing is the scaling of it.

Also just to make sure mine is working correctly but the icons are not supposed to be clickable right? If so, that would be the best lazy addon bar ever and would be on my list Very Happy
_________________
Thalassea
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:28 am
I will give this a try over the next few raids, looks nice. First things I noticed:

It doesn't remember the position I moved it to, every game restart its right in the middle of the screen again.

It would be nice if you had an option to show only the "Top 4" Buttons or so, since the bar gets pretty ugly long when fighting undead.
Majiben
Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:59 am
Do you use vista?
_________________
Gerilith
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:35 am
Just an idea: If you are able to real-time have the buttons moved according to their priority, wouldn't it be possible to have the name of the 1st priority spell written into a variable that is used in a keybound /cast-like thing? Should be forbidden just as conditional use of makros/spells, but I don't exactly know about it.

Would be one-button-smashing (DPS-roboter) and I don't know about Blizzard being happy about it, though.

Great addon the way it is imo.
_________________
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find