Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tankadin - Feedback - Current Version: v1.1.1

jere
Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:23 am
Edited my original to correct the mistake.
_________________
Wyleai
Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:49 pm
Just got this today, again.

Giving it a second chance.

Is there a way I can completely hide the addon and still have it doing what it does?

I only need the window for it when I buy new gear, which isn't often...

The red flashing screen when RF is about to go off is handy, but I cast this using healbot, buttons on my UI, etc. The AD data is just chat spam at the end of a fight, and doesn't need the window to see.

The data might be handy every now and then, but it's mostly unchanging data and I don't need it, nor even the giant thin wide bar, on my screen when I'm not in the Auction House (or trying on a new loot drop, etc).

I looked, and I found out I could cut it to just that thin bar, but even that is more than I want on the screen.

Perhaps make it a fuBar pulldown?
_________________
_Chloe
Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:31 pm
Read FAQ
_________________
Dorvan - Indeed, the only thing better than realizing you're able to tank anything in the game is reaching the point where you no longer need prove it.
Robin de tolens
Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:33 am
I've sent you the french localized *.lua in a mail.
I might also take a little time to translate the FAQ into French.
It could also be a good idea to put the FAQ into the addon directory imo.
_________________

Korendil
Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:52 am
Two things. In your FAQ, it would be helpful if you would explain how you can get a custom image for the flash warning. Where to place it in the Interface folder, if that's where you're supposed to put it, etc. I did not look inside your Tankadin folder, so maybe it's obvious.

Secondly, somehow or other, I was able to get the main tankadin window to appear when I had show main window unchecked. I think I was just playing around with the lock tankadin, show tankadin, and show title buttons to cause this to happen. I also had the AD frame unlocked from the tankadin frame.
_________________
Tichondrius (US)

Robin de tolens
Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:08 pm
It's obvious, but some people find even hard to install an AddOn, so imo I think it would be useful for those people.
_________________

_Chloe
Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:32 pm
I'll make a FAQ on how to add images to the custom warning next when i get some time.
_________________
Dorvan - Indeed, the only thing better than realizing you're able to tank anything in the game is reaching the point where you no longer need prove it.
Maethoriel
Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:37 am
Suggestion for your code in OnEvent():
You are calling some functions which should allways return the same value in one iteration of OnEvent multiple times.

  • UnitName("player")
  • GetNumRaidMembers()
  • GetNumPartyMembers()
  • IsRaidLeader()
  • IsRaidOfficer()
  • UnitHealth("player")
  • UnitHealthMax("player")

Using local vars for a) these function calls or even b) storing the values locally for one iteration and using them directly could speed it up.

You are using sourceName in C_L_E_U, maybe switching to GUID is better? I don't know, just a thought.
You are using C_L_E_U only for missed or resited taunts and COMBAT_TEXT_UPDATE, which is the event for blizzards floating combat
text, for damage calculations. Why use both when C_L_E_U does everything you want it to.
See http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2968233433&sid=1&pageNo=9#177
and http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=11294.0


There is a chance to improve the programatical logic of some if-then-else structures, for example:
_Chloe
Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:07 am
Code rewrites have been on going for awhile now. Until recently most of the code was running on the COMBAT_TEXT_UPDATE event until 2.4 came along. I'm still in the process of switching everything over.
http://wowwiki.com/API_COMBAT_LOG_EVENT
_________________
Dorvan - Indeed, the only thing better than realizing you're able to tank anything in the game is reaching the point where you no longer need prove it.
Jonlo
Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:16 pm
Why was this unstickied?
_________________