Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tankadin2 - BETA

Gamingdevil
Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Re: Tankadin2 - BETA

With the patch today I had to recheck "Load out of date addons." When I did, the tankadin2 frame had reset to the center of the screen (so had my livestock icons and tooltip wrangler, but you can't help that :P) Is that me or can you fix that?
_Chloe
Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:59 am

Re: Tankadin2 - BETA

Gamingdevil wrote:With the patch today I had to recheck "Load out of date addons." When I did, the tankadin2 frame had reset to the center of the screen (so had my livestock icons and tooltip wrangler, but you can't help that :P) Is that me or can you fix that?

Frames that have the UIParent as their parent frame have their locations stored in what used to be the FrameXML file but is now in this file:
Code: Select all
World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT_NAME\REALM\CHARACTER\layout-local.txt


Basically if you forget to check it, when you logout, this file is overwritten and the mods that didn't get loaded are not referenced in this file. Then when you log back in, those mods are then sent back to their default positions until you log back out, which put their location reference back into that cache file. It would take a bit of work like when I made the original Tankadin be able to split up its frames, but that got real hairy and I would rather not risk it considering it took me a few weeks to get it right being able to put 1-2 hours a day back then into Tankadin.

I have a day or two off work, and I'm putting in some time on the Core and a updating some locales. Anything wanted to be added while I have some time on my hands?
Culhag
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:08 am

Re: Tankadin2 - BETA

A Divine Plea button like the Sacred Shield one ?
Because it's not always easy to notice when it's dropped off.

Also it's slightly annoying that you get a warning when someone else's Sacred Shield ends.


And if you're adding strings that I can translate, you can send me a PM and I'll do it quickly so you can add them before you publish the update. :)
Skytex
Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Tankadin2 - BETA

where do i download this at, or is it still not released?
Jonlo
Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Re: Tankadin2 - BETA

_Chloe, the AD announce should work for 3.2 right? Since it isn't an activated ability it will be really important to have that announce.
_Chloe
Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Tankadin2 - BETA

Culhag wrote:A Divine Plea button like the Sacred Shield one ?
Because it's not always easy to notice when it's dropped off.

Also it's slightly annoying that you get a warning when someone else's Sacred Shield ends.


I think I got the SS working to just notify on yours although It's kinda hard to test with the odd hours I'm on. I'll see what I can do with a DP button. Thinking about making the RF one convert into a DP button once RF becomes active or something like right-click RF, left-click DP.

Skytex wrote:where do i download this at, or is it still not released?


http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... adin2.html

Jonlo wrote:_Chloe, the AD announce should work for 3.2 right? Since it isn't an activated ability it will be really important to have that announce.


Reason I'm putting out a request for combatlogs of the PTR with AD testing in them. Just type "/combatlog" before and after you trigger AD and the health recovery. Log out and mail it to Chloe@tanakdinaddon.com.

I'm also looking for someone to help co-author Tankadin. It's getting to be a project bigger than one person can currently handle considering I'm working 50 hours a week generally. Once again send an e-mail with the following if you are interested:

1. WoWInterface ID (Make one if you don't have one already)
2. Maintankadin.org ID (Make one if you don't already have one)
3. A few examples of some code work you have done. It doesn't necessarily have to be lua or a WoW Addon.
4. Why you want to work on this project.