Skip to content
Maintankadin

I Want to See Big Numbers too!

Vividd
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:28 pm
Should work for any class, it uses Threat-2.0.
As for it not working, can you be a bit more detailed? It's working fine for me and others.

What do you have set for it to output to?
moduspwnens
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:33 pm
You have to be in a party for it to work. That's what was happening. It's working now. Tryin it out atm.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Vividd
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:38 pm
Ahh, it could be that's due to Omen, if you have it set to be disabled when alone, they use the same library for threat. I'll look into this, but I'm glad to hear it's working for you Smile
moduspwnens
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 pm
The color wheel seems to be skewed. I picked yellow, but it output purple, so I picked purple, and it output yellow.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Vividd
Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:57 pm
Doh, he's right, slight typo by me. I'll upload a fix asap Razz

EDIT: Uploaded, just waiting on WoWI to approve it
EDIT2: And the fix is available Razz
Spectrum
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:11 pm
I just want to get this straight. This mod does not modify the floating numbers above mobs heads, right? I know that two years ago (back when I actually made mods) that those were rendered inside the 3-d world and were not part of the 2d interface overlay.

And threat is a lot more complicated than multiplying by 1.9, since different abilities have different inate threats, and there are various other modifiers like enchantments and salv. I guess for just our damaging abilities it wouldn't be so bad, but every debuff and buff you do generates threat too, so it's hard to calculate an absolute value. Probably easier for us than warriors and druids though.

Post some screenshots of this at work so I can see what it looks like. Smile
_________________
No really, I'm not addicted.

"The skill-gear curve is steep for small values of skill."

http://armorylite.com/us/Silvermoon/Spectrum
Vividd
Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:22 pm
There's screenshots in the link I provided. As for how the threat number is obtained, as said, I use the Threat-2.0 library, which is the same one Omen uses for it's threat data.

Basically, the library provides an event whenever threat is updated (which is anytime you cause an action that changes threat), my addon keeps track of your threat on targets and compares the new value to the old value to determine the amount of threat caused. This allows you to see what amount of threat any of your skills cause.

It then outputs it to a number of choices, such as SCT, Parrot, or even the Blizzard Error Frame.
moduspwnens
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:14 pm
I'm running with it atm on Hyjal trash, and I've noticed two oddities:

It occasionally prints zeros. What is happening that gives me zero threat?

...and this is probably more related to SCT, but the massive amount of threat numbers output locks out my heals and damage in side of the screen.
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Vividd
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:34 pm
Zero threat occurs when a mob dies, or obviously if your entire aggro has been reset on it. The odd thing though, is that my addon should not even report it - it may be an issue due to overload, I'll have to look into this.

As for the locking out of heals/damage, do you mean they simple don't display anymore? If that's the case, it's most likely indeed an SCT issue, but I'll look into this as well.

EDIT: Now that I thought about it for a second, it's possible the 0 threat is simply a very tiny amount of threat. It couldn't be truly 0 because it wouldn't ever get printed then, but when the number gets printed it rounds the number down, which might lead to printing zeros.
Vividd
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:47 pm
Well in regards to the 0 threat issue, I think the best way to go on that is for me to add an option to set a minimum on the amount of threat to still show.

The SCT issue is a bit trickier though, as I don't know how much I can do about it :/
Guillex
Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:50 pm
Start throttling ... oh wait, you can't do that in SCT.
_________________
Official thread killer