Skip to content
Maintankadin

Any endgame tanks use a 969 macro?

Wolvar
Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:10 am
I led as a priest through most of BC, I prefer leading as a tank.

I prefer leading as a tank because I have more control over the pace, pulls and positioning.

I suspect that leading as a ranged dps would be simplest for progression fights.
_________________
daemonym
Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:37 am
i also do it all manually, with the basic in game action bars added in. the only things i click are blessings, seal macro if i don't want SoV on, and divine plea (which only gets full use in heroics with undergeared people). although when we get our new taunt i'll have to rethink my binds and may end up using the 6 macro like invis and others. granted i have long lanky fingers, but i find anything up to 6 on my number line and shift/control/alt + 1-5 are all the buttons i need.

random thought: might end up binding every key on the number pad to 'cast lay hands on me' macro so i can just pound my keyboard (currently alt+1) and think even less about where it is and guaranteed not to hit the wrong button (it also 'feels' mroe like i'm using a panic button then too lol). i do that with my pvp trinket on my dk ^^
_________________
Trance
Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:19 pm
I do it all manually, although I am considering switching to a Macro for my 6 second timers. But my muscle memory has been trained so that my fingers do 1, Q, 2, E, 3 without even thinking about it...

Swapping for a Macro would mean I would have to relearn a whole bunch of that, but would free up an easy to reach button. Sigh, decisions...
BlackKnight6667
Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:04 pm

I do, (with an N52 you kind of have too)

Here are my macros.

(Nine Second)

unlimit
Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:17 pm
Before I quit, I used both macros, but that wasn't to say everything wasn't bound.

I only used the macros once I found it was safe to do so and I was comfortable with everything happening around me.

If I was moving, if it was an encounter that had something special, then EVERYTHING was manual.

9 second was my F1; 6 Second was my F2
Rythos
Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 pm
I've used both macros to tank everything short of S+3. I have everything in those macros on its own button within easy click/press range as well, so if something has to happen out of sequence I still can, then I just slip back into my rotation as soon as the CD's start to line up again.

I use a standard keyboard and like to have everything I need within easy reach so that I can do it on the move if needed, so I want everything to be on 1-5, including RD.

1 - 9 Macro
2 - 6 Macro
3 - Holy Shield
4 - Consecration
5 - RD

I could probably get everything keybound if I trained myself out of using Q&E to strafe, F to assist etc, but I haven't had any problems doing it this way so far.
_________________
Wachter
Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:35 am
I just do it all by hand, everything dies before i have a chance to get a solid roto up, and on bosses i can move with one hand and keep up a flawless rotation with my other

I can do 969 in my sleep, ask lore's wife


HEYOOOO





im obviously kidding
_________________
When you fight a Paladin you either win.....or die.
There is no "running"