Skip to content
Maintankadin

ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Robin de tolens
Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Very interesting. I might install it. Just one thing I need to be sure : rules are not compatible between French and English, right? (Seems obvious but I only play certain characters in English anyway and rules are not account-wide.)
moduspwnens
Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Robin de tolens wrote:Very interesting. I might install it. Just one thing I need to be sure : rules are not compatible between French and English, right? (Seems obvious but I only play certain characters in English anyway and rules are not account-wide.)


It's based on the combat log, so I guess it depends on what language the combat log is.
Rehlachs
Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:51 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

is there a way to use delayed chat messages such as /in [time]?
moduspwnens
Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Rehlachs wrote:is there a way to use delayed chat messages such as /in [time]?


Nope.
Darkler
Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:01 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

letmebreathe wrote:can someone make a script for when warriors vigilance me please


/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Vigilance;raid;RAID;- *target got Vigilance from *source - "

that one will work for the whole raid. if you want it to just show when you get it, change it to

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;<YourName>;Vigilance;raid;YELL;Please stop putting *spell on me *source, ktnx?

i included the affliation "raid" so it will only work when you are in a raid. this is just a habbit i have.
moduspwnens
Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

I'm not sure that would work. SPELL_AURA_APPLIED usually doesn't list a source, but I can't really confirm anything.
NapiCAE
Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

hey guys how ya doin?

ok, here's my problem here.

Trying to make ShoR have a sound with this mod. it WAS working for a little bit then it just stopped.

I am also trying to make a rule for my AW that makes me emote when i pop it and emote when it ends saying:
AW cast
/me calls upon the power of the Golden Dragonflight

then
AW fades
/me feels his power return to normal

any ideas?
Jasari
Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

NapiCAE wrote:hey guys how ya doin?

ok, here's my problem here.

Trying to make ShoR have a sound with this mod. it WAS working for a little bit then it just stopped.

I am also trying to make a rule for my AW that makes me emote when i pop it and emote when it ends saying:
AW cast
/me calls upon the power of the Golden Dragonflight

then
AW fades
/me feels his power return to normal

any ideas?


For sound on ShoR see the thread just a little further down in this forums: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17643&start=0

For emoting, us /e

So:
Code: Select all
/cast Avenging Wrath
/e RPRPRPRP
/in 20 /e more RPRPRP


No need to use tjh if you don't want to.
NapiCAE
Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Jasari wrote:
NapiCAE wrote:hey guys how ya doin?

ok, here's my problem here.

Trying to make ShoR have a sound with this mod. it WAS working for a little bit then it just stopped.

I am also trying to make a rule for my AW that makes me emote when i pop it and emote when it ends saying:
AW cast
/me calls upon the power of the Golden Dragonflight

then
AW fades
/me feels his power return to normal

any ideas?




For sound on ShoR see the thread just a little further down in this forums: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17643&start=0

For emoting, us /e

So:
Code: Select all
/cast Avenging Wrath
/e RPRPRPRP
/in 20 /e more RPRPRP


No need to use tjh if you don't want to.


thanks for the link to the ShoR topic,

as far as my AW situation, i want it to say the emote only when it is cast not for example when it is on cooldown TJH seems to be the correct tool to so this.

:EDIT:
also does anyone know what the path for the gong sound that happens in ZF when u call gazrilla?
cordelia
Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Why don't the following rules work? I see the events in my combat log, but tjh doesn't announce anything.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Storm Power;raid;RAID;*target has gained storm power
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Storm Power;raid;RW;STORM CLOUD: *target
moduspwnens
Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:00 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

cordelia wrote:Why don't the following rules work? I see the events in my combat log, but tjh doesn't announce anything.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Storm Power;raid;RAID;*target has gained storm power
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Storm Power;raid;RW;STORM CLOUD: *target


Those rules look like they'd work. You have an extra space between "/tjh rule" and "SPELL", but other than that it should be OK. Keep in mind that you're probably wanting to announce who has the cloud, but I believe "Storm Power" is the name of the buff given to players close to the guy with the cloud. They're two different buffs.

Storm Power:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=63711

Storm Cloud:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=65123

Also, be sure the box at the bottom left of the TJH gui says "Enabled."
majorwoo
Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:14 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Here are a few I use. I like to alert who the MD is from (helps tell when people are overwriting MD).

Code: Select all
   "SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;;Nakuso;Misdirection;;YELL;Lost MD from *source"
   "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Nakuso;Misdirection;;YELL;Gained MD from *source!"
   "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;Nakuso;Tricks of the Trade;;YELL;Gained ToT from *source!"
Sabindeus
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:29 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

Don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but I was playing around with TJH and decided it would be cool if I could have it put raid icons on people, so I hacked that in. I also suggested it to the author.

Basically in any rule that goes to the channels WHISPER, *SOURCE, *TARGET you can set the message to be {{icon:X}} where X is the id of one of the raid icons, and it will set the source/target/person to be that icon. Sadly this only works on raid members and not mobs because you have to use unit ids for mobs with that function. Anyway if you are interested in this functionality you can grab my modified file here:

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/294821/Th ... ppened.lua

Just replace the .lua file in the addon dir with this one.

for a quick reference the raid icon IDs are:
0 = no icon
1 = Yellow 4-point Star
2 = Orange Circle
3 = Purple Diamond
4 = Green Triangle
5 = White Crescent Moon
6 = Blue Square
7 = Red "X" Cross
8 = White Skull
http://www.wowwiki.com/API_SetRaidTarget


disclaimer: no warranty, Sabindeus is not responsible for blowing up your computer, may cause kittens to die, etc.
Darkler
Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:55 am

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

moduspwnens wrote:I'm not sure that would work. SPELL_AURA_APPLIED usually doesn't list a source, but I can't really confirm anything.

actually it works great =)

the combat log looks like this:
Code: Select all
SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS ,0x05000000005AACA1, Rhizzo, 0x512, 0x050000000050FF76, Athol, 0x511, 50720, Vigilance, 0x1   
SPELL_AURA_APPLIED, 0x05000000005AACA1, Rhizzo, 0x512, 0x050000000050FF76, Athol, 0x511, 50720, Vigilance, 0x1, BUFF

so both spell_cast_sucess and spell_aura_appled would work. when you buff someone, or debuff them, you have them targeted right? =)

cordelia wrote:Why don't the following rules work? I see the events in my combat log, but tjh doesn't announce anything.

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Storm Power;raid;RAID;*target has gained storm power
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;;;Storm Power;raid;RW;STORM CLOUD: *target


combat log for event is as follows:
Code: Select all
SPELL_CAST_START, 0xF1300080B600499E, Spiritwalker Yona, 0xa18, 0x0000000000000000, nil, 0x80000000, 65123, Storm Cloud, 0x8
SPELL_AURA_APPLIED, 0xF1300080B600499E, Spiritwalker Yona, 0xa18, 0x050000000051069E, Athol, 0x514, 65123, Storm Cloud, 0x8, BUFF   
SPELL_AURA_REMOVED_DOSE, 0xF1300080B600499E, Spiritwalker Yona, 0xa18, 0x050000000051069E, Rhizzo, 0x8000514, 65123, Storm Cloud, 0x8, BUFF
SPELL_AURA_REMOVED, 0xF1300080B600499E, Spiritwalker Yona, 0xa18, 0x050000000051069E, Athol, 0x514, 65123, Storm Cloud, 0x8, BUFF

showing both the cast from the "shaman", the buff added on me, one stack applied to "Rhizzo" and the removal of my buff when the time of it ended.

to make a rule showing that someone got the cloud id use the following rule
/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_APPLIED;Spiritwalker;;Storm Cloud;;RW;*target got Storm Cloud!

(in 25man there are two "shammys", but both are called Spiritwalker XXX, so it shouldnt have problems wether you are going 10 or 25 man. if you are going alliance raid then they are called Elementalist XXX though. why id use source names? there are more spells called Storm Cloud, and i prefer to allways use sourcen ame when possible =))

hope it helps a little. if it isnt working still, then something is messed up or wrong somewhere else..
Tobolaeh
Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: ThatJustHappened: Combat Event Announcement Mod

I'm trying to get this to recognize and warn me to recast my Sacred Shield when it falls off.I tried

/tjh rule SPELL_AURA_REMOVED;Tobolaeh;;Sacred Shield;;PLAYSOUND;\mysound

However, because the proc of sacred shield is also named sacred shield, I'm hearing the effect non stop. Anyone have any idea how to identify between the proc and the buff? The best Idea i've come up with so far is to go

/tjh rule SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS;Tobolaeh;;Sacred Shield;;PLAYSOUND;\mysound;59

Which gives me the alert just as the spell fades. I noticed that the spell cast will only register the actual spell. Any ideas on another way to do this?