Skip to content
Maintankadin

I Want to See Big Numbers too!

Extremity
Tue May 13, 2008 3:43 am
couldnt you just get sct-d (scrolling combat text damage) or whatever and mod the file to take the holy damage and multiply it whatever our threat multiplier with imp RF is, and then an additional modifier if the spell name = holy shield
_________________
Neuron
Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 am
It actually would be quite easier to write a mod that extends SCT to pull information from the Ace mod Threat-2.0.
_________________
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Candiru
Wed May 14, 2008 2:37 am
No-one knows how much threat 1 damage produces, but its commonly taken to be 1 threat by mods such as omen, KTM etc as a baseline.

Since healing is 0.5 threat under this scheme, it could be that blizzard have 1 healing = 1 threat and 1 damage = 2 threat.

Its a bit arbitrary anyway really.
_________________
Extremity
Sat May 17, 2008 10:47 am
I'm actually really interested in this. Would anybody be able to take SCT-D (link below) and add an option to turn it to "threat mode"? I have some coding experience but know absolutely nothing about LUA, but I can't imagine that it would be terribly difficult.

www.wowace.com/wiki/Sctd
_________________
_Chloe
Sat May 17, 2008 11:10 am
I've been thinking about picking this up as a Tankadin plug-in. Considering Tankadin already has all your threat data, and combine it with SCT and/or Mik's I just might be able to pull something off. I already have 4 plug-ins on the board as of right now, and if I pick this up it will be the 5th. Kinda need to get the other 4 published and released before picking up another.
_________________

"I'll stand in the back and wave my hands like this."
moduspwnens
Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:19 pm
A bump to remind our in-house addon developers. Very Happy
_________________
Stormreaver US

Modus | Governor
Shannok
Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:56 pm
Chloe and Snake, is it definitely not possible to have the numbers show above the mobs head like the original idea? Great idea regardless though Very Happy
Extremity
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:21 pm
bump, do this!
_________________