Skip to content
Maintankadin

Block Cap macro, anybody care to test it?

Samud
Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:58 pm
You're sure that formula is right? It's giving me 108% instead of the 95% that wowwiki's amcro gave.
_________________
Majiben
Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:08 pm
The wowwiki one is closer than the one giving you 108%
_________________
Merodyn
Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:25 am
Hmm really vague answers, im not saying i know how to do this. But there is no definite answer yet >.< could use a reply with the "best" macro. Im pretty sure i dont have 108.26% avoidance, but all macros ive tried this far is giving me that.

Whats the best way to actually measure your block cap?


Thanks in advance
_________________
rad
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:14 pm
er, just go in to your armory page, and sum up the avoidance %'s, then add 30% for holy shield.

That will give you everything, minus your miss rate.
Given your currently equipped gear, you're at 97.4% + whatever the miss rate that 546 defense gives you. I dont know what the DR on miss is.

your gear is pretty good, so the fact that your avoidance is calculating ~4% over the cap isn't surprising at all. Its probably slightly over the actual number, because I think the current formulas overestimate miss, but it is probably close.
Merodyn
Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 am
what about dr on dodge/parry/block? it says before DR on armory aswell

wish i there was a macro other there which was like 99.9% accurate >.<
_________________
crabcrouton
Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:11 am
Hello all.

I managed to get myself up to 101.22% using this macro. I recently downloaded the ProtPally excel spreadsheet from the advanced training section to compare.

The spreadsheet says I have 100.1% avoidance + Block. It does look like the difference is close to 1-2% due to DR on Miss.

As always, take the macro's validity with a grain of salt but I'd suggest use it as a quick guide. Even an inaccurate tool is useful if you know its limitations.