Skip to content
Maintankadin

Macro for Hand of Salvation

Thanehand
Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 am
Unless they have added/changed something in 3.0 there is no way to say "not player".

Someone on this forum once came up with an awesome way to get round this, involving targetlasttarget, but I forget what it was, and have to go to work now....


Someone dig it out?
Gamingdevil
Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:51 am
"player" is indeed the command to target the player, but [noplayer] isn't a valid command.
Jerey-Darkspear
Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:26 pm
dmok wrote:
blueblood wrote:Is it possible to make a mouseover HoS macro?

So that I can hover my raid frames, press my HoS key throw HoS on the target that's under my cursor and make a raid announce/whisper.

See Snake's post for the mouseover cast portion.

As for being able to announce in raid/whisper, I'm not sure if there is a way to pull the name of a mouseover target in a macro.


To announce mouseover target in macro, the following should work. I'm not at my WoW computer atm and couldn't test it. What it does is cast HoS on mouseover target and then warns in Raid, Party, and Whisper to the aggro-whore:

253 Characters
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover] Hand of Salvation
/script m=UnitName("mouseover");s="Casting Hand of Salvation on "..m..".  WATCH YOUR AGGRO!";SendChatMessage(s,"RAID",nil,nil);SendChatMessage(s,"WHISPER",nil,m);SendChatMessage(s,"PARTY",nil,nil)


Similar code could be implemented for Hand of Sacrifice:

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover] Hand of Sacrifice
/script m=UnitName("mouseover");s="HoSac on "..m.." - TAKING 30% LESS DAMAGE FOR 12 SEC!";SendChatMessage(s,"RAID",nil,nil);SendChatMessage(s,"WHISPER",nil,m);SendChatMessage(s,"PARTY",nil,nil)


The HoSac code is 250 characters.
superfula
Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: Macro for Hand of Salvation

HUGE apologies for bumping an old topic, but it's right along the lines of what I'm looking for.

Firstly, the macro is great. What I would love is if the macro would send the 'Hand of Protection on Johnny' text to the public channels, but send 'Hand of Protection on you' when whispered to Johnny. Is that even possible?
MrDuck
Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:24 am

Re:

Thanehand wrote:Unless they have added/changed something in 3.0 there is no way to say "not player".
Well that reminds me a trouble I've had with my ToT BoP macro. I'm using simple /Cast [target=targettatrget] BoP now. Anyway, some simple adjustment just came into my mind, something like this maybe:
Code: Select all
/target targettarget
/stopmacro [target=player]
/cast BoP
/targetlasttarget

The problem would be it doesn't target back to your target in case your target is on you, not a big issue though, imo.
I haven't tested it yet, can try when i'll be at home.
jere
Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: Re:

MrDuck wrote:
Thanehand wrote:Unless they have added/changed something in 3.0 there is no way to say "not player".
Well that reminds me a trouble I've had with my ToT BoP macro. I'm using simple /Cast [target=targettatrget] BoP now. Anyway, some simple adjustment just came into my mind, something like this maybe:
Code: Select all
/target targettarget
/stopmacro [target=player]
/cast BoP
/targetlasttarget

The problem would be it doesn't target back to your target in case your target is on you, not a big issue though, imo.
I haven't tested it yet, can try when i'll be at home.


/stopmacro [target=player] would simply stop the macro no matter what your target is. target=player is not a checkable condition. All target=player does is temporarily set your target to your self. Any time you see a ____=____ in a macro, it is not a checkable condition, but a target assignment.
MrDuck
Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Re: Re:

jere wrote:/stopmacro [target=player] would simply stop the macro no matter what your target is. target=player is not a checkable condition. All target=player does is temporarily set your target to your self. Any time you see a ____=____ in a macro, it is not a checkable condition, but a target assignment.

Dammit yep, that makes sense :/ Wtb "==" statement instead :P
Morpheren
Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:56 am

Re: Macro for Hand of Salvation

Aka botting? (or at least opening the door for such)
Meltzor
Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: Macro for Hand of Salvation

Just a follow up on this topic I managed to come up with a mouseover/announcing macro with error checking, so you dont accidentally tell someone they are getting a salv when its on CD, using a combination of the information i found in this thread and some other macros i came across in my travels.

Code: Select all
/run  if GetSpellCooldown("Hand of Salvation")==0 then m=UnitName("mouseover");s="Hand of Salvation on  "..m.."";SendChatMessage(s,"RAID_WARNING",nil,nil); end
/cast [target=mouseover] Hand of Salvation


202 characters so you can squeeze in a tooltip if you wish. If you spam this macro while salv is on CD you will just get a CD error and no annoucement.

Credit to Jerey for the guts of the macro. Of course you have to sacrifice your channel options for the error checking so this is primarily for use in raids. RAID_WARNING can be changed to RAID (or PARTY if you wish to use it in 5 mans) if you want a more subtle annoucement (I'm assuming nobody here tanks a raid without leader or assist).