Skip to content
Maintankadin

Blessing/Aura Management Addons

Nikos
Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:39 am

Blessings messing up the screen?

I also use ZOMGBuffs for all my buffing needs mostly because I am the paladin lead during many raids and do blessing assigns and such, and it makes it sooo simple, plus it talks to PallyPower. As for manually casting alternate blessings I'd go crazy if I kept them all on an action bar for exactly the reasons the OP listed, so I use AutoBar for that instead... it also handles my pots, elixirs, food buffs, flasks, wep buffs.. ect. all that stuff you hate taking up space on an action bar... AutoBar already handles on a bar of its own. (you can enable or disable what items it shows as well to suit you tastes and needs) If you want the visual space you can choose to have it fade/show via mouse hover like Bartender and Bongos bars can be set to do.. all in all, I find it to be very reliable and is one of the few mods (along with Omen, ZOMGBuffs, Bongos and Tankadin) I wouldn't wanna live without. You can find it on the wowace site if interested. http://files.wowace.com/

Good Luck!!
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sentinels&n=Nikos
Wyleai
Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:21 pm
I installed ZOMGbuff's tonight. Don't like the look at all, but I'm going to see if I can change that before I give up on it.

I've gotten very used to PallyPower show a series of timers on my screen - one for each class, on that vertical bar it has.

ZOMGbuff's put nothing on my screen at all when I installed it, and it took a while until I managed to get a single giant button to show up. Only when I mouseover that do I get timers for what buffs I have up or need to apply still.

Also, it has a delay between buffs. Even for things that do not trigger the global cooldown, I have to wait for it to pause, cycle in the branding icon, and then cycle in a new icon for the buff it wants me to apply next. Pally Power lets me cast instantly, even if the buff is on global cooldown (which of course causes the cast to fail). Can this delay I'm getting in ZOMGbuffs be gotten rid of?
_________________

Sarkan-ZdC
Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:02 am
ZOMG Buffs waits for a Global CD to end. This is a nice function. Why in the world to you want to have a function that you can buff during GCD to get an error? Do you like errors so much?

For timers: that is the way it is supposed to work.

If you get a warning on Screen (Class XY needs Buff ZZZ), you buff (just scroll the mouse wheel OOC).

If for a boss encounter I need to see the timers if they are all at 10+ Min, I'll just check the timers. But know what? They also show Fort, MotW, Int and so on. Also shows all the other paladin buffs, also important in raids.

So, if you need your timers all the time, I think you have to switch back, cause I don't think that function is part of ZOMG.
Wyleai
Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:57 am
ZOMGbuffs for me is waiting longer than global cooldown. It's waiting on items with no global cooldown.

With Pally Power I right click on the icon to buff and can have all my blessing up in the speed it takes to cast. With ZOMGbuffs it puts in its own timer, and while this might be trying to match global C/D, with lag and other factors added in, it is going slower than global and slower than my own reaction time, resulting in a much slower process.

Global C/D itself is enough to slow my button presses, the addon doesn't need to add its own timer to try and match that. I'm going to see if I can diisable its timer and just work on off the global C/D - but if I can't, it's probably a deal breaker. Maybe its just a factor of the latency I had when testing it, but that's enough right there - without a built in timer, Pallypower is working off a server side global C/D. With a timer, ZOMGbuffs is working off of a client side timer - and if that client side fails to sync with the server side global, and even further delay.
_________________

Sarkan-ZdC
Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:35 pm
As I said, I don't even press a button with ZOMGBuffs, I just turn the mouse wheel after a combat a few times.

I don't even notice this anymore. Works like a charm, PvE wise (timers are just needed for bosses and there I check), PvP, Arenas, Solo.

Also restocks reagents and so on.

That it waits? Well.. could be, but for me not really longer than a GCD (maybe 2 sek instead of 1,5 sek).
AholeyKnight
Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:29 am
There are 2 mods I use that are outdated but still work.

sealbar and blessingbar fro curse gaming.

They both create their own action bar that is movable / resizeable anywhere on screen.

Enjoy.
_________________