Greetings and salutations. I'm thoroughly disgruntled and fed up with my current server, Twisting Nether. Other than being a steaming pile of horse shit whose best guilds are MONTHS behind current content, they seem to all be led by relative morons with no proper ideas about Paladin Tanks. I suspect that anyone perusing this forum has a reasonable understanding of what Paladin can do ( ::cough main tank Illidan progression kill cough::).
Anyway, As the siggy says, I rolled this character as a tank waaay back at 1.9, or whichever patch it was that was the "Paladin Class Review". So I've got loads of experience playing the class and role (say what you want about it being impossible pre-2.0, I tanked Ossirian and Hakkar just fine). Not so much raid experience, since, as I mentioned, my server is a steaming pile of horse shit (not that I'm bitter or anything). I've seen first-hand up Al'ar and Void Reaver, Lurker, Morogrim and Fathom-Lord Karathress. But I've read up on many of the Hyjal and Black Temple fights, I know it's not the same as doing them, but I like to think I learn pretty quickly.
I'm looking for a guild who wants a Paladin Tank, obviously, who isn't going to expect me to respec Holy. I do not have the gear for it, I don't want the gear for it, and I don't have fun 'main healing' as a Paladin (I did it exactly once, before burning crusade, and I'll never do it again). If you don't need me for a certain fight or something, I'll gladly step out and let someone else in. I have 'okey' Ret gear if you really need a Ret Paladin for something, but they are even less desirable to most than Prot Paladins (except to Prot Paladins, we love that 10% mroe Holy damage, don't you know).
As for my personality, since so many guilds are so often interested in that. I am headstrong, opinionated, and stubborn. Having said that, I keep to myself most of the time. It's just easier to 'get along' with people that way. I generally just have an exceptionally low tolerance for stupidity and a great many people I meet in this game are quite stupid. I have difficulty tolerating people who ask ignorant questions whose answers are plainly obvious, and people who hold steadfastly to ideas about game mechanics that are WRONG. Like a Paladin healer stacking and gemming for Spirit. No shit, there's a guild on my server whose Paladins seem to think that's how to do it. I'm not even Holy and I know that's bologna.
I'm looking for a guild at least up to the point in progression as I am (mid-way through SSC and TK). I really can't see much in the way of gear that would be an upgrade from later TK/SSC (Crystalforge Helm would be nice, but the rest of T5 is somewhat trashy, except for the pants and gloves, but I'd lose way too much stamina for a little bit of threat and a little bit of Intellect). I'd love to get into a guild just breaking into Hyjal and BT, but I'm afraid that may be hoping for too much.
I'm presently Ret Specced for questing and soloing, Prot Specced in Raid Boss tanking gear I'm just under 16K HP, 17-18K armor (I forget if that is with or without my Aura) and 40% avoidance, with around 660 Block Value, almost 400 spellpower, and soemwhere around 5K mana. The avoidance is kind of low, I know, but I haven't had need to stack it since most of what I've been doing are heroics and relatively weak SSC bossses, and Block Value is *king* in heroics. I plan to get the avoidance Chest and Pants from the new badge loot, and that should being me a good bit more dodge.
I'm in the Central Time Zone, and my raid times are pretty open, from around 6PM or so my time to about midnight would be comfortable.
I am only willing to transfer to a PvP or RPPvP realm, just, of course, on the off-chance things wouldn't work out, I would not want to be locked out of coming back to Twisting Nether. While I've said many times over the server is crap, I do have some friends here.
_________________
¬The Original PalaTank, Petersen the Unbreakable
Tanking with a Paladin since before it was 'cool.'
Petersen
Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:30 am
