Skip to content
Maintankadin

TPS for each point of 1 Handed Weapon Specialization (1HWS)?

Cohach
Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:12 am

TPS for each point of 1 Handed Weapon Specialization (1HWS)?

Does anyone know the average increase in TPS for each point you have in 1H weapon specialization (1HWS)?

I used to have 5/5 in 1HWS, but dropped it to 3/5 and moved some other points to get 3/3 Pursuit of Justice and 1/5 Reckoning. We paladins seem to have gotten short-changed when it comes to spell damage mitigation, so I have 2/2 Spell Warding and wanted to pick up 3/3 Pursuit of Justice to maximize what little spell damage mitigation/avoidance I can get. I put the 1/5 in Reckoning to at least have the ability and the extra threat spike when it does proc.

So just how much TPS did I sacrifice by dropping to 3/5 1HWS? If it really makes a big difference, I may drop the Reckoning and go 2/3 Pursuit of Justice for 5/5 1HWS.

Here's my current armory link to my talent build:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Perenolde&n=Cohach

I welcome any comments; thank you all in advance for your help and suggestions
_________________
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment"
Worldie
Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:18 am
Each point in 1h spec is 1% threat, plain and simple.
_________________


Proud founder of the 40/21 club
shaak
Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:56 am
wow... that was a short forum lol
Aarek
Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:39 am
Yes
_________________

Lore
Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:06 am
Our threat is based entirely on damage. Increasing damage is a direct increase in threat. So, a 5% damage increase is a 5% threat increase.
_________________
I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Ashmadai
Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:06 am
Wouldn't it actually give more than 1 for 1 in terms of threat? Since we have holy damage multipliers for everything except white damage, wouldn't it be more than 5% threat increase? For instance, if that 5% makes your consecrate do 10 more damage, that 10 damage is actually worth 19 threat, right?
_________________
Ashmadai
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:18 am
Thanks for those posts there. It's hard for me to wrap my head around that without seeing the clear examples there, but I appreciate it. =)
_________________
kalbear
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:53 am
It is not exactly a 1% boost in threat. But it is a 1% boost in the threat that you can control, so you might as well treat it the same way.

Total threat is equal to:

(non-holy active damage) + (1.9* active holy damage) + (1.9*1.35* holy shield damage) + mana gains + healing + other reactive damage. Of those, 1hws multiplies white damage, active holy damage, holy shield damage and other reactive damage by 1.05.

What it doesn't do is increase your threat from things like spiritual attunement, prayer of mending, etc. But that's okay; you can't really control it.
agnara
Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:45 am
If you're not going oom on a boss, you're getting at least ~75 tps from power gains.

Quite a bit Rolling Eyes
_________________