Skip to content
Maintankadin

Annihilator

Janduin
Sun May 11, 2008 11:55 pm

Annihilator

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=12798
Was there ever a consensus on whether this is a viable Nightfall replacement?

30 runs and 150 Major Mana and Health potions richer, I finally got the Annihilator plans this weekend. I'll try to gather the mats and try it out on a boss sometime this week if I can make it in time.
_________________
Janduin
Mon May 12, 2008 1:47 am
Yes, I posted in that thread several times Smile The proc isn't identical though, identical effect, not identical name. And this is important because the Bashguuder proc doesn't stack with faerie fire, but the Annihilator proc does. I just haven't heard yet of someone actually trying it on a lvl 73 raid boss, and whether it procs often enough on that kind of target to keep up 3 stacks with Seal of Crusader active.

BTW, Consensus = agreement, essentially.
_________________
Diocaska
Mon May 12, 2008 5:11 am
I had it on for a boss last night, but unfortunately I didn't have enough buff slots on my target active. I'll let you know next time I use it on a boss level mob, as we should have our members with WWS back.

Edit: Actually, I forgot our dps warrior runs WWS. So I've got a list of the attempts. Over 10 tries, it procced 12 times. Once I believe was a trash mob.

One one try, it procced 5 times, and on half attempts, it didnt proc at all.

The debuff itself has a 45 second duriation. Seemed to proc about once every 1 and a half minutes according to this WWS report, which would indicate that its not getting to the point where its stacking.

Note that I wasn't capped in Axe skill by the point, and my guildies WWS isn't quite as reliable as our guildie that usually does it. So I'll test it out a little more, and get you an answer with more depth when I can.
_________________

"Good tankadins know all the fundamental rules of tanking
Great tankadins know when to break these rules" -Passionario
Janduin
Mon May 12, 2008 5:35 am
I take it you were using Seal of Crusader? How far off from One-hand Axe capped were/are you?
_________________
Diocaska
Mon May 12, 2008 5:42 am
I started somewhere in the region of about 250-300 (big gap, but I wasn't paying much attention) axe skill. I was also using seal of Light, so Seal of the Crusader would probably give a couple more procs.

End of it I had 347. I did have a period during one attempt where I was not attacking frequently (opted self healing). I also had no additional expertise beyond being a human, I also had +21 hit rating for Kazrogal's shield. 3/3 Percision too.
_________________

"Good tankadins know all the fundamental rules of tanking
Great tankadins know when to break these rules" -Passionario
Trevize
Mon May 12, 2008 9:28 am
http://wowwebstats.com/vvhsejt1xdkes?s=4417-4821&a=62#buffs

Had Annihilator on for the whole Mother attempt and it only proc'ced 8 times. I imagine in my haste set I would have a better chance of keeping up 3 stacks. It is hard to do sadly. I used SoCrusader the entire time and tossed out some heals towards the end...it was a sloppy kill.

edit - Proc is called armor shatter. That kill took us 6'44" I also had Windfury the entire fight. Sadly I do not think it is really worth using considering the difficulty in keeping it up. If nothing else to do while in tanking gear, sure. If not, healing is a better option imo.
_________________

Boomadin on the weekends...pardon the horrendous tanking stats.
Diocaska
Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:47 am
Sorry for digging up an old topic.


WWS from our Mother kill this week.

http://wowwebstats.com/gt4j6l4v6z1fy?ab=370&s=3907-4315

Procced 6 times. 3/3 Precision. Seal of the Crusader. Small amount of additional haste (50ish). Also small amount of hit (will be able to update soon with the amount).

Procced on some other attempts, but didn't on our only other significant try. Might've messed up something thought during that.
_________________

"Good tankadins know all the fundamental rules of tanking
Great tankadins know when to break these rules" -Passionario