Skip to content
Maintankadin

Consecration first tick resist in question?

cordelia
Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:20 am

Consecration first tick resist in question?

I was doing some SoV/Holy Vengeance testing on Netharel(easy with full block rating gear on), and I ran into this interesting nugget in my combat logs:

Lisilia
Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:24 am
the initial tick of consecration can be resisted, that is what happened
he still stood in your consecration and got the dot (which cant be resisted as rumor has it)

edit: on second thought, i might be stupid
_________________
Oh crap! Righteous Fury!
Lore
Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:46 am
It's kind of hard to be sure with such a small slice of the combat log, do you think you could post that entire consecration's worth, fade to fade?

For example, some of the ambiguities... the first damaging tick doesn't actually occur until just over 2 seconds after the resist; this shouldn't be the case. Also there's a full 10 seconds between consecrates, were you just waiting or is there possibly another consecrate in there?
_________________
I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
Lore
Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:06 am
Alright, so going through and parsing it into a more quickly readable format, we've got:

:13.7 - 1 resist message
:14.4 - 7 afflicted messages
:15.9 - 7 damage messages
:16.9 - 7 damage messages
:17.9 - 7 damage messages
:18.0 - 7 damage messages
:19.9 - 2 damage messages
:19.0 - 5 damage messages
:20.0 - 7 damage messages
:21.9 - 7 damage messages
:22.9 - 7 damage messages, 7 fades

The times are kinda wacky but we can probably chalk that up to latency. That there was a resist message at all is kind of strange though, since all 7 mobs gave an afflicted message as well (this also makes your initial post make more sense to me Razz).

Some additional testing might be in order, but it's looking like the "resist" message that Consecrate gives every so often doesn't mean anything at all.
_________________
I can keep rhythm with no metronome.
jere
Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:09 am
At least that makes the math a little easier Smile
_________________
Stroja
Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:33 pm
I've noticed this a lot - the resist message comes up when I actually cast consecrate, not on the damage tick (this is what the floating combat text gives the impression of, at any rate). It's like Consecrate is a 2-component cast, but the resistible portion doesn't seem to actually do anything (other than play an animation or make a sitting target stand up).

I've never run any extended combat logs on it to verify though. Worth checking into for someone with more patience than me Razz
_________________
Pizbit
Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:46 pm
Okies! Finally, lost some password settings going from linux back to windows on the laptop and had to dig out a backup for other websites, but anyway.
To avoid latency issues I waited several seconds between consecrates so they didn't intertwine.
Note, rank 1 consecrate and the occasional spellbreaker.