Skip to content
Maintankadin

Raising Tps.

Bleumeanie
Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:58 am

Raising Tps.

While gearing up my paladin i followed the Gear progression http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=2652 list pretty closely. I currently meet the stat requirements for def and uncrushability but I am being told my TPS is lacking and preventing others from DPSing like they should. My current armory can be found here http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Korgath&n=Bleumeanie

My question is, in the slots that have the most room for upgrades are there better options than the ones listed in order to increase my tps? After the initial frontload of threat i can usually stay ahead but on longer fights I'm not putting out enough to stay on top(Im also having trouble staying high on the meter when Oting).I want know where my gear can improve before i start looking to consumables.

Thanks,
Bleu
_________________
Vani97
Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:58 am

easy to start with

start off with changing your weapon for more spelldamage.

Merciless Gladiator's Gavel
Binds when picked up
Main HandMace
18-113 DmgSpeed 1.60
(41.2 damage per second)
+27 Stamina
+18 Intellect
Durability: 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves spell hit rating by 15
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 18
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 225.

This gives u more tps per second
Levantine
Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:48 am
Total nit picking, but tps per second is wrong.

tps = Threat Per Second

tps per second = Threat Per Second per second

See what I'm getting at?
_________________

Tyaera
Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:01 am
I must admit that is a huge personal pet peeve of mine also Levantine.

Put out more DPS per second!

"FUCK YOU AND YOUR RAPING OF ENGLISH"

Also, the majority of your spell damage comes from your weapon as a tankadin.

So, picking up the season 1 mace is a good start, if you don't like arena. If you do like arena, get the season 2 one that...someone else suggested. (cbf scrolling down to see who)
_________________
i put the sensual

back into nonconsensual
Snake-Aes
Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:03 am
Can't check your armory from here =| What's your current tps, spell damage and spell rotation? Are you consecrating?judging crusader?making derogatory comments about the monster's heritage?
_________________

Tank in Training, group utility perception was so much easier as a dpser <whines>
Bleumeanie
Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:17 am
Fight usually goes like this Avenging Wrath->Avenger's Shield->Holy Shield-> Consecrate-> JoR and repeat as cooldowns/fight mechanics allow.
_________________
Talaii
Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:23 am
I found I generally get more threat if I switch that up:

Shieldtoss
Consecrate (before they reach me)
Holy Shield
Judge Crusader (or wisdom if there's a ret pally)
Seal Righteousness
Wait 3-4 seconds
Destruction Potion + Avenging Wrath

Maintain top-rank consecrate and judge whenever possible till AW runs out, then switch to judging wisdom and drop ranks on consecrate if necessary. Putting consecrate before holy shield means the cooldowns don't overlap till about when AW wears off. Waiting on AW till you have crusader up seems to generate more threat, and destruction potions help a lot on threat-sensitive fights, though I switch them out for ironshields on hard-hitting bosses. Just make sure the dps don't start nuking till they see the wings and you should be good unless they overgear you by a lot - in which case, see comments about getting more spell damage.

Levantine
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:09 am
I'm an epic failure at checking what I've typed. Comes with touchtyping territory. 'GET IT DONE FAST!!!!!' and such.
_________________

Levantine
Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:49 am
OMFG WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY RIDICULE MEEEEEEE! T.T

And just because I don't post much, doesn't mean I don't post fast. Wink
_________________

Levantine
Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:12 am
Nawwww <3 I'm just going to rationalise it like how the boys used to tease the girls they liked in primary school.

And yes, making fun of people is significant.
_________________

Levantine
Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:17 pm
Gender politics was involved now? o.O
_________________

Snake-Aes
Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:22 pm
The whole "young boys picking on the young chicks" thing. Nothing like that ever mattered. My quips are just bad equally.
_________________

Tank in Training, group utility perception was so much easier as a dpser <whines>