Skip to content
Maintankadin

comparing our warriors to me

Oramac
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:20 am

comparing our warriors to me

ok, so last night me and out warriors got into a lil sharing about our various tanking stats and i noticed something quite odd. they were sporting about 22-23% dodge and about 18% parry, which is normal i suppose, but they also had around 23+% block.

now in my normal tank set i have just over 26% dodge and about 18% parry, but only barely 14% block.

has anyone else noticed this kind of thing? is it normal or do i just have way too much damn dodge and/or not enough block?

thanks!
_________________
jere
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:24 am
Well, they do get 5% block from one of their prot talents, so that accounts for some of it.
_________________
Arcand
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:54 am
From what I remember of warriors' tier gear, they get shafted by having a lot of points tied up in block rating...which unless you're trying to get passively uncrushable, is about as useful to them as spirit.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - 11/11 Kara, 4/6 Zul'Aman
Russia tanked the nazis while the allies DPSed.
Agravaine
Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:17 am
I actually have 30% block or thereabouts now and only 18% dodge. Warriors can easily gear up to 25% dodge as well. I used to have 25% dodge and 17% block. I just comes down to what gear you are wearing.

Warriors now are in fact trying to become passively crushable, which would never be a goal of a Paladin simply because we will always be using holy shield for the threat.
Splug
Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:45 am
Soltyr, the warrior "Shield Block" ability increases block chance by 75%, not 30%.

Oramac: As long as you hit passive crushing immunity, more avoidance is the way to go for boss tanking. It may be worth your while to stack up block a bit higher on low-damage multi-target encounters (IE- AE trash), but from a mitigation standpoint you're going to intake less damage with pure avoidance than higher block value/rating, and from a single-target standpoint I've heard holy shield becomes less and less of your overall threat as gear scales up, thus meaning that the avoidance is essentially a necesary evil to some extent

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
inthedrops
Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:32 am
He's saying it's wasted block as it falls off the combat table.
Splug
Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:04 pm
Yeah, I just hadn't had the morning can of Dew and was still half awake when I got to the office and replied. Didn't bother adding up to verify where the 102.4% cap was, just noticed the numbers had only gone up by ~30 and was like "hrm."

I need to go back to keeping my trap shut, hehe. Harder to shove my foot in my mouth if I don't open it in the first place. Sorry about that!

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug