Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why you hate your 375 Smithing

Gratus
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:19 am

Why you hate your 375 Smithing

I really don't know why I took Smithing to 375... I guess I was naive at the time when I started this game but damn it is frustrating having a profession that really does so little for a tankadin.... it has its +'s while i was AOE grinding my way to 70 but now its just depressing



Share your thoughts on why everytime you see your Smithing and realize it does pretty much nothing... a tear comes to your eye
_________________
Sadness - 70 - Shu'halo
375 Smithing
375 Mining
jere
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:27 am
I actually like smithing myself. I have made myself quite a bit of gear at 70, and even though I eventually replaced all but a few pieces, I found that it makes me a decent amount of money on my server as well. Lots of people like to have either the Fel Edged Battleaxe or Runic Hammer made, and since I ran like a million heroics trying to get badge gear, I had plenty of nethers to make them and sell.
_________________
Warrender
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:33 am
I don't hate it myself. But if I ever did, I'd have no qualms dropping it and learning something else.

It's what I did when Engineering sucked pre-TBC. I dropped it and when they added enough stuff to make worth my while, I picked it back up and releveled it.
_________________
ticklefist
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:06 am
Picked it up months ago when Boots of the Protector plans dropped. Still have the boots, plus I get to smash face with Stormherald on off days.I mostly picked it up to make resistance gear.
_________________
Ticklefist Cuddlepunch
Gratus
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:34 am
Yes my boots of the protector and belt of the guardian are nice but I really find the other aspects to be upsetting.... I have some great recepies and hope WotLK will add too that but I am jealous of Eng.
_________________
Sadness - 70 - Shu'halo
375 Smithing
375 Mining
Arcand
Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:51 am
I make about 100g every two weeks crafting Bracers of the Green Fortress and Khorium Champions, and I have a Fireguard in the bank which I made for no good reason while leveling.

I don't understand how they decided to make three different tailoring sets to cover fire, frost, shadow, arcane and healing casters, and then got to swordsmithing and put in only one line of one-handed swords. Mad
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - 11/11 Kara, 4/6 Zul'Aman
Russia tanked the nazis while the allies DPSed.
Galannor
Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:39 am
We all too often forget how useful rune of shielding/warding can be
Sparti
Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:45 pm
rune of shielding/warding is great if you're not tanking.
_________________


Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
khash
Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:39 pm
hindsight i wouldve went enchanting Sad
_________________
tackle
Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:20 am
They are usefull just expensive. The absorption on the shield makes many pulls much easier as the healers have time to get into position.

Archie and Vashj for example.

The chest absorption is expensive but so is a wipe and it saves over death, I put it in the same category as wizard oil, just one of those things you use to give you .5% higher chance of success.